New XS650 Prototype Frame (SUICIDE) from Voodoo Vintage Fabrication

voodoo

Custom CNC Plasma
Reaction score
We are a full-service fabrication shop in Austin Texas. Small... But capable and every item is hand-made with great attention to detail. You can find out more HERE!

For those who have not heard of us... Voodoo Vintage has staked a name for producing a quality and stylish frame for the Suzuki Savage LS650. We have been producing these frames for over two years now and orders are increasing! In addition... We are in the process of designing and prototyping a variety of vintage-style frames catered to early Japanese and British singles and twins.

We are wrapping up the first prototype frame - The SUICIDE - for the Yamaha XS650. Take a look at the following and feel free to offer comments or suggestions!

By the way... Our frames go for around $850! See our web site for more information.

IMG_7768.png

IMG_7769.png

IMG_7770.png

IMG_7772.png

IMG_7773.png

IMG_7775.png

Absolutely! Depending on where I put the rear cross braces, you could mount up to a 28" dia. tire. The Firestone Replicas would be no problem!

By the way... We've also produced the "ever popular" weld-on option as well. It was an absolute GREAT fit and very clean to install. I was happy and impressed at how well it went together!

Here's a shot:

IMG_7721.png

Both the drop and stretch are approximately 2". I plan on offering the weld-on for $275 plus shipping. All cross supports will be tack welded so the customer can customize the final location if necessary...

Hey- Thanks Jim! It's been a while since I was active over here on 650 dot com! It was still the "old" forum last time I did an XS project! Good to hear from you again!

Hi David, Nice work on the frames:thumbsup: I love your Boardtrack style design, have you made one of those frames yet? If so did you make a tank for it?
lonewolf01.png

Hey- Thanks Jim! It's been a while since I was active over here on 650 dot com! It was still the "old" forum last time I did an XS project! Good to hear from you again!

It's definitely been a minute! Apparently te next time I make a trip to Austin I need to stop in and give you a hand in some fab work so I can learn some more!!

Posted via Mobile

It's definitely been a minute! Apparently te next time I make a trip to Austin I need to stop in and give you a hand in some fab work so I can learn some more!!

Posted via Mobile

You are more than welcome to stop by anytime! I could show you how NOT to cut your finger off in a bandsaw!!! That woke me up!

Soooo....

Do you intend to make a cafe racer style frame for the XS650??

:bike:

Well... Not really a Cafe' Racer... But more like a 1920's Board Tracker style! I haven't released any concepts yet, but it's a much overlooked style that demands attention!

Hi David, Nice work on the frames:thumbsup: I love your Boardtrack style design, have you made one of those frames yet? If so did you make a tank for it?
lonewolf01.png

Actually... I have fabricated a tank from 20ga aluminum and was very happy with it. I tore it apart looking for defects in the vent lines and welds. Happy to say that it was air-tight! I fully intend to put the tank into production once development on the frame is finished. Since it's specifically designed for the contours of the frame, I'm hoping to sell the frame and tank as a unit!

nice man. your gonna sell the shit out of the hardtail sections once word gets out. thats a hella good price too! you plan on having them on hand or order by order basis?

nice man. your gonna sell the shit out of the hardtail sections once word gets out. thats a hella good price too! you plan on having them on hand or order by order basis?

I'm going to try to keep a couple in stock, but because I have a small shop, I can't warehouse too many. I always have three or four frames I'm working on and not to mention the full customs I can only build one at a time.

I'm hoping that I can pick up some orders on the WELD-ON so I can justify (to my wife) getting a larger shop!

Back