VR115 regulator conversion

shop teach

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if the wiring is the same for the VR115 (AMC, Jeep) regulator conversion, as it would be for the VR291?

Wire Color Code:
Orange and yellow wires together to Brown (+)
Black to Black (Brush Ground)
Green to Green (Brush +)

Thanks

Thanks Grinder.

What about using the AMC/jeep plug to connect it to the bike, instead of the original XS style? That way, if it does fail, you can just plug it in on the road without screwing with the wires, and return the old one complete to the store. Anybody know where to find the AMC end/connector, or if there is any reason not to do it this way?

HOTRDD-

I believe the VR115 can be used on 79 and olders models (points). The C545HV looks like the one that is used on the 80+ models. (TCI). There is a difference in how the brushes are wired up on the stator on the points and TCI models.

Lawrence
Nova Scotia

78 XS650

still looking for the AcDelco but got this response while trying to find a place in Calgary that has the VR115

"Currently we do not have stock on the Standard part VR115 but we do have inventory on WILSON 62-05-9650 which is the equivalent. We could bring in the Standard VR115 but it would be more expensive and take approximately 3-4 weeks. If you are interested in the Wilson or having us special order the Standard, please contact our order desk"

Has anyone tried or used the Wilson or is it the wrong model as stated above?

The VR115 is $69, trying to get it out of the US is just stupid with shipping and duty...

Because I've done a few bikes.. I've had Harleys and still have a 68 Bonny and a Victory but have always had a soft spot for the XS ( My favorite bar hopper)

MPE VR1010SB if I remember right thats the number I used.. same for Jeeps and AMC.. They have a connector you can wire in too

On the website I was able to find the UNI VR1010 but not the one you listed. I even did a search under AMC / AMX, I'll pop into the store and see if they can help.

UNI VR1010 Voltage Regulator

Perfect Thanks a lot, going to head down to the NAPA store after work. Do these need to be put out in the open air or can I put them under my seat where it will get some air circulation.

Back