Vr115 regulator ?

XSNate

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So I did the VR115 regulator mod and it seems to hold at 14 volts. No matter how high i rev it holds at 14v? Does anyone know of another regulator that might hold at say 15 volts?

That should be about the perfect voltage for a regular lead/acid battery.

Why do you need (want?) 15v?

As a matter of fact I just fitted a VR115 yesterday. The clunky mechanical regulator was starting to show upwards of 15v at times, but mostly 13.5v. (BTW, this it tiny and can be stuck anywhere to monitor voltage).

Now I seem to see 14.5v most of the time (at the ignition switch). I do have LED taillight but that's it. The reading is way more consistent though, goes to around 14.5v as soon as RPMs go over 1.5k and stays there. I'll have to measure with another voltmeter, see if the onboard is accurate.

Ya mine is way more stable also ! I also have that small meter. BUT, I had to put a 10uf 50v capacitor across the meter to get it to filter out the line noise! Other wise I kept thinking I had a ground off or something because it kept showing zero volts then jump to the proper voltage then back to zero ? The cap filtered it nicely!

Last edited:
Back