Want a decent preforming tire for fat tire look

dvp246

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any leads? I see the firestones and avon but people say they ride shitty. Want the fat tire look with modern ride. In 4.00-19 5.00-16

Im sure its been asked please link to other threads or post a pic of your setup thank you!

You don't get any more classic than the Avon Speedmaster up front, and the Safety Mileage in the back. These are made to perform, using modern materials. "Fat tire" is a cool look, but what is it you really want? Cool, or ride? Besides, without extensive modifications, you are limited in how 'fat' your tires can be.
You didn't post any pictures, but I'm guessing your bike has plenty enough "cool" to make up for not having 'fat' tires....

Yea just looking to find a happy medium. I have lots of twisties and rough road in upstate New York. Not sure if i should go retro or dual sportish tires.

I agree with 59Tebo. I have Avons 16" Safety Mileage on the back and a 3" Speedmaster on the front. The 3" is too small for the look I was after but the ride is great. I will try out the 3 1/2 when the 3 needs to be replaced.

Back