Want to make sure I did this correctly...

Yea its a pain in the ass, these untitled bikes. They usually want a complete bike before they title anything. You got to go spend the money to finish the bike and then hope they will give you a title and not hassle you for pipes and BS since its a chopper. You would be a lot better off finding a bike with a current title and already through any state inspection and then chop the thing. I think if I was going to do it I would retain the neck and serial numbers on it and send that off to Ardcore and have them build a frame around the numbers and then you would be done with the lawman.
jefft

i got mine from stabb company in maine , google them up , then ask for a registration, the send you paper work to be noterized to sell them your bike,and proof of insurance, and will send you a registration, plate good for a year. maine is a bill of sale state, drive for a year then go to dmv and tell them you bought it on vacation and got the plate upm there, rode home, worked twice for me good luck

I'm going to shed some insight here. Altering a vin on any vehicle is a felony, period. If you get caught, your vehicle gets impounded and most likely destroyed. You'll face fines and possible imprisonment. Easiest route, find a frame for an XS650 with a title, or find a motor with a title (Yes,the motors are also stamped with a vin). Your frame looks to be a Maxim frame, which will not work with an XS650 motor. I would personally get the other frame for $100,but make sure it's an XS650 frame.

Back