Warning: had 2 defective MikesXS advance rods.

I'm not sure what happened to the rods from Mikes.

IMO it is the same thing that happens to a lot of his products.
The first run is OK, the following products. . . . .suck.
Examples
The 5th OD gear. Good reports from satisfied customers. Now you have to mess with getting the ID correct.
His PWK carbs. PamcoPete was satisfied. Reported good results. By the time Mr. Riggs got his, trash.
The 90 degree internal snap ring pliers for removing the snap ring in the master cylinder. 5twins gave the thumbs up. What I received were external snap ring pliers and Mikes doesn't even know the difference.
The front cam chain guide that now has too shallow thread bosses. Causing the threads to strip.
As one of the esteemed elders says. With 'Mikes' it is all about the money. Instead of dealing with the headache caused by vendors/manufacturers/suppliers "he" just passes the grief down the line. If only "he" managed the quality as diligently as the profit margin. . .

Not to revive a dead thead but same thing just happened with mine. It was torqued to specs as the instructions say. I thought everything was good. My bike started first kick with no issues. After warming up I did the usual with adjusting the ignition and carbs. About 6 minutes into it the nut just fell off and the bike cut out. I ordered another one at $42 plus shipping. I was so careful not to over tighten it by using my snap-on digital 1/4 torque wrench "which is brand new" and it only got to 5 ft lbs before snapping off. Now I am too in the search for and genuine yamaha one. This is rediculous.

Back