Well I finally started my project....

Ha Ha! I wasn't gonna say anything for a little while.
Looks good man. What primer did you use?

Duh! Gray.......
giggle.gif

It was some Nason stuff I had left over from when I painted my '65 Impala a few years ago..

first coat of clear.... Holy runs on the back side looks like I will have to put a little extra effort in the wet sanding... Didn't have my gun set :(

temporary_zps0bb5471d.jpg

Nice paintwork! I think you need a white pinstripe around the black though, that would just clean it up so much better! Well prepped surface though, nice and shiny!!

Nice paintwork! I think you need a white pinstripe around the black though, that would just clean it up so much better! Well prepped surface though, nice and shiny!!

Thanks for the suggestion.... Like this!! I do like it a lot better now!! :thumbsup: The clear is still not 100% cured out... I hope its due to the temperature.... I'll give it a couple days before I wet sand the runs..... Maybe the wife will let me put it in the oven for a bit...... NOT!

temporary_zpsdc227901.jpg

Yeah that's the ticket!! Looks great!!( I'm guessing you had this in the cards already!!!)

Now some pinstripe detailing, and a skull, and some dog bones, and flames, and lettering, and lots of stickers, and lacing, and..........as if you will!!!

Yeah that's the ticket!! Looks great!!( I'm guessing you had this in the cards already!!!)

Now some pinstripe detailing, and a skull, and some dog bones, and flames, and lettering, and lots of stickers, and lacing, and..........as if you will!!!

skulls and cross bones????? How about flowers and unicorns!!! lol. I'm just about done with all the paint and details... Gonna keep it simple.... May have some embroidery on the seat and that's about it.....

Thanks for the kind words guy's..... Johnt3, I told you I work for steak and beer, or in your case sweet tea... lol. The clear is getting harder but is still a little "spongy". How long is a good time to wait to wet sand the tank?...Seems like I waited a week or so on my '65 Impala.... If I wouldn't have got those runs I wouldn't even wet sand it the clear went down very slick.....:banghead: Gonna check your thread and see what you got done today now!

Sweet Tea? I'm a Dr Pepper kind of dude....
I'd wait a couple of days to tackle those runs.What clear did you use?
I hate working with runs, it seems like they are the hardest to take care of.

skulls and cross bones????? How about flowers and unicorns!!! lol. I'm just about done with all the paint and details... Gonna keep it simple.... May have some embroidery on the seat and that's about it.....

Hehe yeah I was just messin with ya!:D

Looks great as is, less is sometimes more!:thumbsup:

Let me tell you, I'm glad the day is over... I was wanting to finish the mounting brackets for the exhaust pipes this afternoon, that was the goal... I got started fired up the plasma cutter cut them out, cleaned them up, and got ready to weld them on.... while I was move my welder I got the foot control cable under one of the wheel and pulled out of the Amphenol plug. :doh: So now I had to find my pinout configuration for the plug and re-wire it... No problem. So now I'm getting ready to fire up the welder reach up to turn the argon valve on and low and behold it's already on and has been on since I welded the aluminum side cover last week..... well guess what? There went about half a bottle of argon down the sh*tter..... Yeah and is a 250 cfm bottle too.... :banghead: I'm a sticler for turn it off too.... Tomorrow I get to get another bottle.. yeah me!

Well that sucks! I'm the same way with the bottle on the welder at work. Every time I see it out, I'll walk past and check it. OCD workin' for ya!

Back