Well I finally started my project....

I didn't mention that my heat pump for the shop has bit the bullet as well... Compressor runs but will not build pressure.. It probably has bad valves... Not complaining to much, it is 20 years old..... was about 14 years old when I install it...... Still sucks!

Got a new bottle of argon ($86) :eek: Got the pipes beveled and the mounts made...

temporary_zpse89019c1.jpg

I put this tubing on to run the tail/brake light wires in on the swing arm today.... another after thought, but it should keep the wires safe from the chain.....

temporary_zpsb2a54898.jpg

changing the fork seals suck when you don't have the right tools...... So a 1 hr job turns into 3 hrs when you have to use tools to make tools to use... :mad:

Did accomplish a little today... Not as much as I wanted too...... I had to reduce the sizes of the holes in headlight bucket... Had to weld some pieces in and more body work in it...

temporary_zps16c4a3f5.jpg

temporary_zpsa5672a8e.jpg

temporary_zpsdccda733.jpg

Your gettin' there man! At least you've got something painted.
I got lucky when I did my forks, we had the tools to do them. Old time Volkswagen guys.

Didn't get to do much today, Easter and all, daughter playing guitar and singing for our sunrise service, then contemporary service, then dinner at grandma's and so on.... I got my seat cover back from Mommy and it looks pretty good I stuck it on the seat temporary to see what it looks like.. I think I can live with it....

temporary_zps7b29735b.jpg

temporary_zps0f490f14.jpg

temporary_zps1e1bd29d.jpg

Well, I knew better than to touch the bike after a day like today.... Had a oppsie in the shop... Lets just say I'm not going to be afraid of blowing through the clear when I sand the runs out of my tank now....... :mad:

Yes runs suck for sure.
My Moms 77 and she still sews quilts she has like 30 of them in the closet.
all made by Her.
Your Mom did a great job on your seat.

Well hell man!What happened?

Lets just say I was using a razor blade on the runs to knock them down a bit and had a little mis-hap. Screw it I hated the tank anyhow..... NOT!

Yes runs suck for sure.
My Moms 77 and she still sews quilts she has like 30 of them in the closet.
all made by Her.
Your Mom did a great job on your seat.

Thank you sir!

Ah yes the razor blade trick. Yep been there done that. That sucks man. I bought a paint nibber off a tool truck years ago and was told that it worked on runs. Ha! Damn thing wasn't anything but a cut up file in a wood block. Threw that SOB away hard!

Back