What colours would you go with?

Paulrxs650

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am totally stuck on what I should go with for a colour scheme! So I thought I would throw it open for ideas!

100_2777_zpsd5276486.jpg

The build is featured here - http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22603

Currently I am stuck on scallops! They look good on everything! Replace the white with a natural silver and you have a winner

japanhead_tank.jpg

you've done a grand job Paul ,it looks great.

silver black will look real nice but two or three tiny discrete splashes of vibrant colour like corn yellow would really give it some zing:thumbsup:

Looks a bit like a Ghost bike at the moment.:D
Pity we don't have a bit of software where you can try various colour combinations out. Wonder what coloured rims would look like with laquered plain steel

Silver metalflake with blue and gold candies over the top and seventies style lacing in two panels either side of the tank,sorry paul just got carried away :D bikes looking reet nice though!

Do something off the wall. silver and black have been done alot. My first love for a hobby is building hot rods. Right now the hotrod crowds are spraying alot of earth tones(sage greens, dark and battleship greys, tans). I really like the way they look they are so understated. I guess thats my 2 cents.

Rusty rocket, I have thought about a bright candy green, I'm not very colour co-ordinated so a little stuck on the frame colour to match - black? but black is too common

For the colour scheme I am now thinking gun metal grey powder coat with flake for the frame, then candy blue or green for the tank and tins, with white scallop on the tank with gold pin striping to match gold powder coated triple trees, wheel hubs and engine mounts

Thoughts please?

Flat black primer on the whole thing. Frame, wheels, tins.
Basic, easy to fix.
Leo

Back