What do you think XS650 are worth today?

Funny how the "right bike" changes for us over the years. We mostly start small and keep getting bigger and bigger then as we age small and light starts looking very attractive again.

The good news here is that the XS650 fits that "downsizing" niche almost perfectly. Big enough that an hour or three on the highway is doable. Small enough to be easy to "driveway" . It's a classic, fits how many an old guy defines real motorcycle. Other guys will thumbs up an XS650 rider and stop to chat. Metric cruisers, especially smaller ones, just scream wannabe. Crotch rockets, Nope. Anything less than a 500 is well you know not manly.

So true on both posts Gary. The Bonny is so much easier for a short ride than the Road Glide.

"XS650 ..... defines real motorcycle"
You hit the nail square on the head.

And yes, even today I look at the Daytona with the blue tank as not quite all there. Funny how attitudes developed years ago persist.

I like threads like this. Philosophical discussions about motorcycles are one of the things we old guys specialize in. I think we are all of like mind here (in this thread, anyway), waxing our love for the XS650. I think many of us fell in love with the simple pleasures of riding down a country road in the evening, maybe right after they hayed the fields, and the smell of cut grass would fill the air. I'm not saying you cant get that with a Goldwing or a dresser, but you sure feel more connected to it when you are riding a simpler, lighter bike.

Intresting Thread my theory at present there is still a lot of people my age, nearing or retired with time & money & still now how to do it them selves, as the baby boomers die out the market will be over supplied & the demand less go figure. Modified bikes be it café bobber bagger rat what ever are only worth what some will pay, I still look at mod-bikes & WTF where is there head at butt other's think it's cool & pay big dollars for it, best way to make money out bikes pick-up cheapies that have sat for years & not running & get them running & rideable (oily rag restore) then move them on, only time will tell where the market will go.

Back