what goes where on this coil????

rusty rocket

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Just got my pamco and e advancer kit(pamco,e advancer,advancer rod,coil, wires and hardware) from mikes. there are no instructions so I went to pamco petes site and have the pamco and e advance installed but i dont know about the coil(what goes where there is no + - marked which outlet goes to what sparkplug) HELP!!!!

Attachments

• DSC02679.jpg
    DSC02679.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 49
It doesn't matter. The little wires have no polarity. In other words, there is no "+" and "-" terminal. For the plug wires, that doesn't matter either. They both fire together every 180° of engine rotation. Hook either plug wire to either cylinder and either of the small wires to either terminal.

rusty,

OK. Thats where the instructions are, so you did the right thing. It doesn't matter which terminal you use as they are not polarity sensitive. Likewise for the spark plugs. Both plugs fire at the same time so it also does not matter which spark plug you connect to each wire.

However, one of the plug wires is positive and one is negative so your timing light will work better on the negative wire, meaning that if the timing light does not work or is erratic, just switch to the other spark plug.

Also, be sure that the copper cap advancer replacement thingme is installed on the advance rod before you install the rod in the engine.

Thanks for the help 5twins...

Pete, no thanks needed. I owe you for years of reliable running on the ignition system you developed. I think I have one of the 1st Pamcos made and it's never missed a beat.

Back