What grips are everyone running?

Oury bicycle grips fit on 7/8th. many colors to choose from, grippy, and vibe absorbent.

Attachments

• 8_zoom.jpg
    8_zoom.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Osteoderm I like those Rally grips - I'm a fan of dimpled grips.. I'm currently using these (although I don't like the goofy eagle emblem on the bar end):

Bikemaster Ringer Grips:
0000-Bikemaster-Ringer-Grips.jpg

I just installed a set of Brooks England Ltd grips "plump leather" grips on my ongoing project. They're stacked leather disks so you can customize the overall length, but they're made for bicycles. That is great for metric handlebars which work out to 7/8" OD but not the 1" diameter throttle tube. It requires boring out all the leather disks and the collars, and turning down the spoke clamps to make it function.

They remind me of the leather grips on Ka-Bar knives, and Ka-Bar grips are virtually indestructible. They look kind of ugly when you first assemble them together because the disks are pretty rough and fuzzy and dry as heck...

Then you belt sand them smooth, do multiple soakings in Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP, burnish the heck out of them, and they take on a much richer color and more closely resemble the tanned leather end caps they come with. They definitely won't offer any vibration absorption, but I suppose something like a Bar Snake should help offset some of that.

Back