what happens when the PM box fills up?

xjwmx

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Does it turn into a FIFO cue, or does it start slinging PMs back to where they came from? Or something else?

It doesn't allow you to receive any more messages and people see a message when they try to send you a PM saying that your inbox is full.

At the bottom of screen for the Inbox and Sent Items (and any other folders you created), there is a link for you to download all of your messages in either an XML, CSV, or Text format. Download all of the messages in each folder and then delete them to free up space.

Are you running out of space?

It doesn't allow you to receive any more messages and people see a message when they try to send you a PM saying that your inbox is full.

At the bottom of screen for the Inbox and Sent Items (and any other folders you created), there is a link for you to download all of your messages in either an XML, CSV, or Text format. Download all of the messages in each folder and then delete them to free up space.

Are you running out of space?

My PM boxes are (*urp*) full. I'd like to do the download thing, but can't decide XML, CSV, or TXT.

Any recommendations? Any advantages to XML or Comma-Separated-Values?

Did the download thing, for all 3 formats. Found that it downloads both 'sent' items and 'inbox', in that order, messages ordered oldest first. So, no need to switch to 'inbox' or 'sent items to get it all.

The download filename(s) are very descriptive, giving the date of download. The .TXT download was about 250k, your mileage may vary...

Good to know! I didn't realize it downloaded all at once. I guess I just do the inbox and sent folders and never even looked at the download in any detail. Which format do you prefer?

Back