What have you done to your XS today?

It's the only way to see what's behind you without your arms/elbows in the way! The rubber mounts are better than the metal ones. I use them on all my bikes

Got my wheels back from the powder coater today. Really happy with how they turned out. I'm glad I agreed to the required extra masking {cost] to mask them twice to preserve the polished parts of the wheels.

Attachments

• IMG_1229.JPG
    IMG_1229.JPG
    220.7 KB · Views: 169
halfmile that's look'n FINE!
Damn I knew I shoulda put the seats back in the van.

1981 Yamaha 450 twin - $XXX (Wisconsin Rapids) hide this posting

00J0J_de5cXTdryaN_600x450.jpg

1981 Yamaha 450

engine displacement (CC): 450
fuel: gas
title status: clean
transmission: manual

Ran good until it list spark.
Been sitting outside for a year.
Missing one side cover otherwise complete.
Clean title in hand.

XXX obo or trade for????

This guy paid $50 for it, I paid quite a bit more than that. but we were both fine with it.
I'm hoping the problem is bad brushes, PPO said it quit running "spark" while he was riding it.14k on the clock, plate expired in 2014, there will be a few other issues. kicks with good compression on one side, other is a bit low. Wife wants to sell her 750 shadow and ride a "not too nice" XS650, here we go again.

Last edited:
Marlin 72xs, great ! Ya, Bar Ends are wide.. appreciate the "correction" but I take very little personally.. hell, being a skinny red head kid growin up it takes some serious insulting to get me :lmao: .. gggGary You scored on that rear drum special.. another build cafe happening ? This is Fun !

I like everything about your build! I am really interested in your headlight mount. whose is it and will it mount a stock headlight bucket?

Speedmotoco headlight brackets. Check out their website. Expensive but top quality stuff.

IMG_0772.JPG Took apart my gas cap on the 71. A touch of rust. Soaking in evap-o-rust.
Looks like the key lock cant be used . It was listed for 70-75.acording to y'all, its for 73-75. I paid near $80. Make offer . Its a repop. Expecting 1/2 back.

looked at my tank. It's newly (Sunday) poured liner drying on a table. Upper 80's to low 90's temps. Instructions say wait 4 days. Maybe I should wait a couple days more just to make sure. Sat maybe. Maybe I should install the tank tomarrow night so I can at least have a complete looking bike again. Yeah. I can get a gallon of gas Friday night and por it in Sat morning so I can get to the corner station and then to breakfeast. Yeah, mmmmm. Ride all day then... yeahhhh......mmmmmmmmmm...

Back