What hub is this?

MontuckyLucky

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I bought a 72 XS2 that someone tried to do something with, not sure what. I have it torn down and i just powder coated the hubs. I got spoke kits from mikes xs and new rims which laced together after some trouble on the rear. But then when I got new seal and bearings for them, I realized after my parts didn't fit that I don't think this is an XS2 hub because this seal doesn't fit, so I took a picture and hoped someone here might know! Thanks

Attachments

• _DSC0001.jpg
    _DSC0001.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 111
So it looks as if making your own seal is the trick! I will have to check my lowers next time I see them lol Im not even sure if they are 72 either

Your next hurdle will be properly mounting a disc. On that early wheel, the disc mounts to a separate carrier and that fits into slots on the hub. The problem is the little rubber damping pucks in there. They are N.L.A. Without them, the carrier will be a loose fit. Honestly, if this isn't a full 10 point resto (which it doesn't seem to be), using a newer hub with a bolt-on disc is the best solution.

I have that part still, or can figure something out if it isn't in the great of condition, I just powder coated this hub and rebuilt the wheel so I would prefer to stick with it lol.

Dont even know what a 10 point resto is. But its not going to be original if that what you mean. I would like a lot of it to be but who knows.

Back