What is the best way to track down my old jeep?

Stone

Just Livin
Reaction score
Well I am trying to track down my old jeep was wondering if anyone knew of a good way to go about doing it? :shrug: Im pretty sure I have the VIN# around here some where but not exactly sure where to start. any ideas?

If you think it's still in your state, you could try the requesting the info from the DMV. Or maybe that only works in the movies...

If you think it's still in your state, you could try the requesting the info from the DMV. Or maybe that only works in the movies...

haha lil gone and 60 seconds there. Im having trouble finding the VIN now and called the guy who i sold the jeep to but he had no clue who the guy he sold it to was or how to get a hold of him.

I just hope someone hasnt cut it all up and put it on a 3/4 ton truck frame :banghead::mad::(:yikes::cussing::guns::shootme: :gun::thumbsdown::hellno:

yes all of those were necessary

Unless you sold it before the era of computers, big brother can easily find it for you.

nope would have been....ohhh august 2007 cause the biotch died on me the night i was leaving for school frosh year. Im praying the insurance lady still has that VIN way back in the deleted folders somewhere. :eek:

If I may ask, what's special about it? I mean I know the ad says "there is only one", but they did make a lot of them. Get another and make it look like the first. (or better)

Im praying the insurance lady still has that VIN way back in the deleted folders somewhere. :eek:

I'm sure the tax division of the dmv knows the vin of every vehicle you've ever registered. As for getting the current owner, one time at the dmv I wanted to know the current owner of some vin or license number, can't remember why, and they said they could tell me, but that I would have to sign something. I assume so they'd have a suspect if the owner turned up dead.

If I may ask, what's special about it? I mean I know the ad says "there is only one", but they did make a lot of them. Get another and make it look like the first. (or better)

it was my first car (that I ever actually drove) a shit ton of great memories in it, i mean when your gf says "oh yea ill just do my make up in the car" and then realizes that the visor doesn't have a mirror on the inside and shes forced to use the side mirror...i almost pissed myself I was laughing so hard for that one.

I bought it for a dollar from my neighbors after years of doing stuff around their barn. It was awesome coming home from school on leave and being able to get out whenever i wanted. Then right when i got to college I "sold" it. A good friend of mine was having financial stuff going on so I went over to his house, handed him the keys and the title and told him it was an early Christmas present. After MUCH refusal and discussion he ended up giving me a 1 dollar bill in a frame in return. He sold it a few weeks later to some guy, but it helped him and his family out. His son got to have a kick ass christmas, him and his wife were able to pay some bills and i got a lil good karma.

So yes I could buy another white 91 POS jeep wrangler with a baller 4.0 under the hood:thumbsup:, but I love the storys and the memories more, shit...i could write a book :) about them all.

yea yea kinda weird but hey you asked.

I tracked down the VIN number from the old insurance company and, hit up the carfax and got good news. still in the state and registration was renewed in January.

well then I stopped by sec state to find out if they could give me anything, I knew they wouldn't but ya never know. Then I asked a cop in town who I know through a mutual friend and they even said they couldn't do it even though they know all I want to do is buy my jeep back.

ideas?

You need to tell the owner about a serious problem the car has. You will not trust anyone else to tell him.

Go to the dmv and pull the fire alarm. When they run out of the building jump over the counter and log in. Go to the page that says "Enter VIN" and type it in.

Or, you could always use the desperado approach, but they might try to call it a hostage crisis.

Stone put an add in your local paper and maybe he will respond. TC

craigslist add is up and rollinnnn!

Go to the dmv and pull the fire alarm. When they run out of the building jump over the counter and log in. Go to the page that says "Enter VIN" and type it in.

Or, you could always use the desperado approach, but they might try to call it a hostage crisis.

hahaha :laughing: and in response to your previous post...I dont exactly have 250K just laying around

Is it possible your current insurance provider to pull up the current insurance info on the vehicle? I would assume they have one database they can pull from, seeing how often people change insurance and what not.

Back