What is the best way to track down my old jeep?

my bad sorry i didnt upstate this, It actually didnt take me long and I did find it. Although I was unable to buy it back. Oh well maybe one day!

You just gotta offer them more money! :wink2:

So how did you find it? And why can't you get it back?

well I couldn't have offered enough, being on a college budget and trying to build 650's....yea turns out it can get kinda tricky! haha

I got the VIN, carfaxed it, found out what city it was last registered in and proceeded to make a craigslist add in that city and described the jeep to a T that only someone who actually went out and popped the hood would know.

I had an email the next morning from a guy who was the owner, the damn thing looks the same as the day I sold it haha. Very cool guy, he gave me the opportunity to buy it back at a discounted price but I couldn't swing it. Maybe ill try again after i sell a bike or two haha.

I can't believe:

1. You care enough about your old beater to want it back
  2. You went through all that work to track it down
  3. You found it
  4. It's for sale
  5. You consider the for sale price to be a discounted price
  6. And now your not going to buy it!!!!

Did you expect to find it and then have the guy give it to you! :poke: :wink2:

Seriously, good job tracking it down though!

I can't believe:

1. You care enough about your old beater to want it back
  2. You went through all that work to track it down
  3. You found it
  4. It's for sale
  5. You consider the for sale price to be a discounted price
  6. And now your not going to buy it!!!!

Did you expect to find it and then have the guy give it to you! :poke: :wink2:

Seriously, good job tracking it down though!

Haha

1. Its a really long story and watching my gf (at the time) put make up on using a side mirror cause she forgot that there wasnt one on the flip down visor still makes me laugh
2. I was a detective in a past life :guns:
3. True
4. It wasn't when I found it, for some reason it was a few weeks later though :shrug:
5. I guess you could call it a discount :D
6. Nope...I dont like debt :mad::boxing:

and no I didn't think he would give it to me haha that would be cool though!! I wasn't expecting to pay what I did the first time around...$1.00 :thumbsup:

Its still there though and someday I would like to get it back and return the favor to the folks that I bought it from and sell it back to their son for...$1.00.

Gotta keep the Karma positive! :D

That's a good idea! Well at least you know where it is now so it'll be easier to track down later. :thumbsup:

Ask the current owner if you can put an envelope in the glovebox about your ownership and wanting it back some day when you can "afford" it. That way even if it moves on you stand a chance of connecting to it again.

That's so old fashioned it uses paper. Ask the owner if you can put a box on it that will call your phone with its GPS coordinates once a year, say on your birthday....

Yeah there you go I think you can get a unit now that will send it's GPS location anytime it is near an open wireless network. If not can I get the patent on that? a little midnight work and you will always know where it is.

Back