What is the coldest temp / worst weather you ever rode in?

Thought I'd dust off this thread. How does riding long distance on a 30 year old 600 cc bike at -55 C in Siberia sound? He couldn't shut off the bike or else it would freeze up. Talk about nuckin futs. https://www.madornomad.com/motorcycling-to-the-coldest-place-on-earth-in-winter/

Holy cow! On a 30 year old bike no less! Did you see the heavy duty crash bars made out of angle iron and the ski outriggers he fashioned. Where he’s going he better pray he never breaks down.

Holy cow! On a 30 year old bike no less! Did you see the heavy duty crash bars made out of angle iron and the ski outriggers he fashioned. Where he’s going he better pray he never breaks down.

Best (or is it worst?) cold weather ride I ever did was when my son got passed-out drunk at his work resignation party and I rode his XS650 sidecar rig home across town wearing ill-fitting borrowed riding gear during a snow-storm while his mother hauled his drunken arse home in our car.
Musta been minus 5 degrees C and 4" of snow on the roads.

Best (or is it worst?) cold weather ride I ever did was when my son got passed-out drunk at his work resignation party and I rode his XS650 sidecar rig home across town wearing ill-fitting borrowed riding gear during a snow-storm while his mother hauled his drunken arse home in our car.
And you got to keep the bike for your troubles ? :er:

Back