What Kind Of Suspension Are You Running?

ReycleBill

Part Time Tyrannicide
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a photo of my shock, what kind of suspension are you running?

Regressive%2BShocks%2B001.jpg

I usually prefer the bright red suspenders. :)

Oh, you mean on my bike...................stock OEM shocks in the rear.............33 years old and working great.

Attachments

• ed-westwick-suspenders.jpg
    ed-westwick-suspenders.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC01011.JPG
    DSC01011.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 53
I shop around for nice used aftermarket shocks. My bike came to me with some pretty nice Made-in-USA Pro-Lift shocks. They have 3-way internal damping adjustment but the chrome on the springs was shot. I swapped on used BMW black springs and aluminum alloy spring covers .....

BMWShockSpringCovers.jpg

Eventually I scored some nice used Konis and they are on the bike now .....

KoniLeft.jpg

The front end got tapered bearings, Mike's progressive springs, one ounce more fork oil than stock, a fork brace, gaiters to protect the seals, and will get Minton modded damper rods this spring. Out back, besides the shocks, is a TX750 swingarm.

The bike rides well and has a very solid feel to it. It wasn't like that when I got it, lol.

I'm running the black and chrome 12 3/4' Monza sport rear shocks from mikes on a TX750 swingarm with needlebearings installed. up front i'm running a fork brace with progressive springs from mikes and 7 oz of oil. the block and a half i was able to ride it, before something shit out on me, it proved to be quite the firm responsive ride.

it even handled great while i was pushing it home

Suspension mods? OK. 1. Unsprung weight relief: Brembo full-float brake rotor on titanium fasteners, titanium brake caliper bolts and chain adjuster nuts and bolts, aluminum wheel bearing spacers, plastic front fender, drilled chain adjuster blocks, hollow rear axle. 2. The usual--tapered roller bearings in steering head, needle bearings in swingarm, Daytona tweak bar on forks. 3. 18/2.15 front rim, Race-Tech emulators, Traxxion Dynamics custom 0.8 kg./mm. fork springs, Works Performance custom alloy-body gas shocks (13.25" eye-to-eye).

I have the Monza Duel from mikesxs. However, I have measured them several times and they are 10 inches eyelet to eyelet. Even got a funny look from a friend when he measured them. For some reason I ordered 11.5 and now have 10". Either way they are rock hard.

Back