What reg/rect do I use?

Sticky76

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Got a '76 xs650, can I use the $54 on mikesxs for my bike to replace the reg and the rectifier. The description is confusing... Is it both a reg and rectifier? And what's the difference between the $54 and the $99 units?
Thx

The item #24-2089 is a reg/rec. Item 324-2085 is just a rec, If you look at thr writing next to the pic it says rectifier only.
I wouldn't buy either one. I'd do the Chrysler reg/ Radio Shack rec mods. Cost about $35 and a bit of time.
For those who don't want to mod that way or can't, then get the item #HTKR86-4230 from 650 Central. $109. It comes wired with the correct color wires and plugs so it is a plug asnd play. No guessing, trying to get the colors right.
Leo

I once emailed Mikes about this and from what I understand is that they're both universal reg/rect combos that will work with your XS but the $99 version is already wired, whereas you'll need to add wires to the $54 version. I ended up getting mikes $99 version before I really knew that.. it works fine and although nicely wired for some reason I found the directions a little confusing (must have been too many beers). Email them about it if you're not sure.. I tried digging through my email to see exactly what they said but couldn't find it.

As others say, you can build one yourself for pretty cheap and the instructions are simple to follow.. I was just a bit lazy.

Back