What seats would mod to fit a tracker ?

peanut

XS650 enthusiast & inveterate tinkerer
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Decided to turn my 79XS into a street tracker. I like the look of Josh's bike very much and need a flat seat similar to this but with a lot more padding for my old butt.

I wondered if anyone had used a flat seat of another model or make that could be modded to fit a standard framed XS650 ? without too much work.

Heres me with my bigass on the original bigass seat :yikes:

Attachments

• seat choice mini.jpg
    seat choice mini.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 184
I just ordered that Dime City seat for my build, pretty sure i'll be the first person on the board to post pictures of it!

Check out my build thread, My seat would probably fit the style your looking for and is not so thin..

http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24490&highlight=stovetop&page=3

Speak to Westonbeoge about a pan, and even the whole seat. (he didnt make mine, but does good work)

thanks tron, thats a cracking build mate :thumbsup:. I'ts given me lots of ideas and confirmed its definitely what I'm going to do with my bike.
I like how you've left the seat a little short so that you can use the rear of seat frame for a grab :thumbsup:.

Heres what I just finished.

I made the pan, and found someone local to do the leather work.

ffe84f1a83a511e299a722000a9d0ee0_7.jpg

52929968902211e2927e22000a9e08e3_7.jpg

8d12050293eb11e2b30422000aaa0585_7.jpg

2b4f43f6965311e2bc6c22000a9f38d4_7.jpg

Which reminds me. I need to update the buid thread i never update!

That looks awesome man, love brown leather on bikes.
And the maroon xs750 tanks always looks awesome.

If it were ME and I wanted it to be exactly what I wanted, I would build the seat pan myself, design what sort of a cover/padding I wanted on it and take it to a guy that can upholster it in the style I want and with just the right amount of padding for my behind! The XS650 frames will take a pretty flat seat pan and should be REALLY easy to build a pan for. Having been down that route (for example see the seat on my Triumph in http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26282), I'd recommend finding the upholstery guy before making the seat pan, tell him what you want the end result to look/sit/feel like and then take his input as to how he would like the pan to be built for the best/most convenient application of the cover.

One of the reasons I like to make stuff myself is that way I get WHAT I WANT.......plus, in the end if it isn't what I want, there is no one to blame but myself.

Back