What size battery are you guys running

CorradoG60

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm at work right now charging the battery I got at walmart a while ago on deep cycle with the snap on charger here at the shop. I got a slim line 12V 3Ah. I've been charging this since 8:00 am. Its not taking a charge I got 5 volts from it. Just wanna know what you guys are using cause I'm gonna have to go get another today after work. And maybe able to fire the pig up for the first time.

- 3Ah is going to be a bit small, i know people who get away with a 4Ah mini-battery-kickstart only-minimal electrics-LEDs-permanent magnet alternator, but even these show up any weaknesses in the charging system very quick-very little margin for comfort, originally 12Ah and 14Ah...somewhere around 7Ah should give you a bit of comfort zone

Wal-mart batteries are kind of shit.

I'd recommend Batteries Plus with a 2 year unlimited warranty. I think my batt is an 80amp AGM. I'd have to check, though. Always holds 12V+ despite my power hungry Custom-Rewind alternator.

My Bike, I run a 4LBS battery, kick only. It's way bigger than needed.

Running some .8AH batteries on customer bikes. They are about the size of a pack of cigarettes. Kick Only, Permanent Magnet

Those Everstart AGM Batteries from Walmart are terrible, I have 4-5 of them here dead as can be within less than a year.

been running these kind for 2 years now
http://www.thechopperunderground.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=36508
1242593393.jpg

What is the charge rate of your charger? On that small a battery you won't needmore than a half amp. Any larger and you can overheat the battery and short it internally.

Me? If I kill my battery I charge it at 2 amps for about 3 minutes and it is good to go. I did short one out when my taillight wires shorted once(no fuse, oops).

I was asking Corrado, He was the one charging his battery and not getting anywhere.

I'm thinking about getting rid of the e-start. It sounds and turns like shite most of the time, so I know it needs a rebuild. I have 1157-type signals, HL and TL. Can this run off of a cap, or should I use a small battery? How many amp hours do I need to run all the lights and be in a "safe zone" with the charging system?

Back