What to pick your brain?????

member3480

RICH
Reaction score
Hey guys doing a redo on a café bike that was pretty awesome before the crash. So now I want to pick your brain on exhaust pipes. What do you like on a café bike and if you have info on those pipes it will help me pick a set.
This bike was built well and has a GSXR 750 front end and a nice low style seat.
Tank-pipes-controls-clip ons-seat-pegs-shifter were all damaged
Checked frame and front end and both straight. So clip ons - grips - controls are a no brainer
Seat looks like I got that set too but I just would like to see some café pipes on or off bike and how do you like them.
Any input is a plus!
Thanks
Rich

Attachments

• cafebk.jpg
    cafebk.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 95
Hi Rich,
low pipes and long megaphones with a slight kick-up sez café to me and you can buy that style of exhaust from just about anyone.
Or a 2 into 1 with a Y-joint across the front of the frame like on a 1960s Britbike, again with a low pipe and kicked up megaphone but that Y-joint pipe will most likely be a custom order.

Yep I got you but the bike looked like that before with wrapped pipes. Kind of like this one with the GSXR front
I just want to make it look different.

Attachments

• cafe3.jpg
    cafe3.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 73
I agree with 650 Skull those pipes (actually the whole bike) is spot on in eyes.

For a more racer and less café look I also like black painted pipes without the welds linished and spigot mounted header pipes, mufflers that are held in place with springs.

Yep brain picking HAHA
This bike was a cool bike and the guy who built it did a great job but I got to put the DADDYG twist on it so it stands out more and pipes have to look good not just stock with welded tips on. I only built one café bike really not my style but this bike screams ride me . So now I got to do the WOW factory and make it better. THAT'S why I came to you guys someone here is going to show me the WOW!!!! LOL

If I wanted to throw money at custom pipes they'd be twin head pipes in stainless steel, 1.75", with a single wide radius bend (like the '80 and forward OE pipes), and megaphones on the end. The difference would be subtle, but I guarantee you wouldn't see another pair of pipes just like that.

The bike finished don't use that exhaust ends. He took them off and just continued the pipe anothe 3 feet. I like the fish tips better. But it would only look good on a rounded frame like that.

Those head pipes will give ya some WOW if you put 'em on a cafe racer and pitch it over, and not in a good way! They'd be grinding pavement even faster than an off-the-rack 2-into-1.

Back