what's it worth?

bigpup

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey fellas, just wondering what my hardtail chopper would be worth? trying to get an idea. I want to start another build (cb750 chopper this time) but need funds, I love building bikes. The frame is from tigman 200 wide rear everything on the bike is new or rebuilt. I have around $4,000 in it maybe a tad more. I would throw in a spare motor and frame and other misc. parts. what do you guys think? thanks

Attachments

• P5080298.JPG
    P5080298.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 187
  • P5080299.JPG
    P5080299.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 170
  • P5080300.JPG
    P5080300.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 149
I don't think that it's because no one has a clue but maybe they don't wanna hurt your feelings? I don't know what the market is in your area but around here, you would be really lucky to get most of your investment back out of it. It's got a lot of really nice components and it looks like an outstanding build. That alone makes it different from the back alley hack jobs you see a lot of on Craigslist but it still $4K would be pushing the price point for my area. Check Ebay and CL for your area and see what they are bringing and then price accordingly. List it as high as you want and who knows, it may sell fast to someone that knows what they are looking at.

Ebay will tell you and maybe even fund your next build. Lots of pictures and information help reduce the doubts of long distance buyers. That isn't just talk, I have sold over $120,000 worth of vehicles on fleabay. Free idea is craigslist again add pictures. Have you tried Craigslist yet?

wow, no one must have a clue.

I looked at this bike last night and refrained from posting. Most of the guys on this site don't know because they aren't going to buy a finished XS650. Most of us are here with our own projects. Whether we're stocker/restorers or chop/bob builders, we are all wrenching on our own bikes.

Even you don't have a clue how much it's worth, brother. The truth is that you do, though. You know it's not worth what you invested in it. They never are.

You paid 650 dollars for forward controls on a bike that you can pick up for that much, as often as not. On top of that, you turned it into a Harley wannabe. Hell, there's a Harley 1200 chop for 5k in your area right now that I'd snap up before ever looking at your bike. Don't get me wrong, you did an outstanding job assembling this bike. It has nice, good quality parts. In the end though, it's just a metric. Ask for 5. What's the worst that happens?

On another note, you can get more if you sell the parts separately. There's going to be someone out there looking to build a bike. If the someone buys your bike, what need do they have for the spare parts? It's already finished.

right,right, i hear ya teebs, thanks for the input. ya the forward controls i might hang on too, I bought them from a buddy for $300 but they do normally sell around $650. I know you always put more into projects than what you can get out of them.

Back