what's that tiny side plate called ?

I already made one but it has wrinkles in it ...and I'm trying to figure out a better mounting for it other than the rubber gromet things that allowed it to be lost in the first place....
I cut a piece of PVC pipe about 2.5" in diam. and cut it length wise and then heated it with the propane torch and flattened it .... cut it to shape using the one on the other side as a pattern and then bent the PVC at 90 degrees along the front and top sides for striength....
I didn't get the plastic hot enough when I tried to flatten it though and it has a few dips in it because of that..... but a bit of body filler would cure that.
..... thanks for the offer yamadude ! .... Man would I love to have that yamaha 250 trials machine ! DROOL ! I really REALLY like trials bikes !
I had a suzuki trials 250 before the fire....but it melted like all the rest of them ...8 bikes went up in smoke ! it still hurts to think about it !
but that's how it goes first your money then your clothes ! LOL
.... I'll make this PVC one work good enough ...not a problem.... it SHOULD look ok when it's done ! HAHAHAH ! no promices !
C ya !
Bob........

It seems that the left side lower cover is the one everybody loses. I saw a pair for sale in the classifieds a week or so ago along with a pair of the uppers off an '82 or '83.........Ol' Hawkeye saw 'em and snatched 'em up!
It wasn't me, I asked, but someone else got them! I DID get the exhaust, which was "pretty good" Yes the LH is the hard one to find, I have one in "good enough shape to pull a mold" from. I think it was repaint and has hole drilled in it.

Well G, I would've bet money that you'd snatched 'em up the way that thread was reading! lol
I think Bob may have helped lower the asking price on these hens teeth with his creation.

I don't think I have EVER seen one of those panels on a bike - or even in a showroom.

Hmmmm.

Made me look; black PVC does exist but in solid black I found it only as furniture grade....
They do make co-extruded white pvc pipe with an ABS skin for retrofit to ABS plumbing systems.

Yup the one I made isn't PVC as I thought it was its ABS !!!!! ABS is grainer and that shows up on the finished product really bad
but what the heck ... it's free ! LOL
Bob.......

Back