1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Whats your weather right now?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by I am Carbon, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Raymondo

Raymondo XS650 rider, fettler, setting out on a journey XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

As I sit here right now, the rain is bouncin' in the back yard. It's wot me old Mum used to call 'Raining stair rods!'

Never seems to do anything by halves these days.

Jim and Greyandridin like this.
  2. azman857

azman857 '80 XS 650SG Rider XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Below 100*F Dry as a desert. Oh wait, I live in a desert! 20% chance of rain the next 2 days, but I'm not buying it.

Jim, Mailman and Greyandridin like this.
  3. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru Top Contributor

367CC5D3-C1F5-4D0C-B290-46945A442B14.jpeg
    1D4CEC1D-AFFB-496A-93C3-89A4AD5C616F.png

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    madmax-im, Jim, GLJ and 1 other person like this.
  4. Boog

Boog Traveling Stroyteller

I figured I could leave the caption off as it may not meet community standards... Adrain hot.jpg

Greyandridin, jetmechmarty and Jim like this.
  5. azman857

We're just a bit cooler here Mailman. Just a bit.

madmax-im, Mailman, Boog and 2 others like this.
  6. TwoManyXS1Bs

TwoManyXS1Bs BBQ Hunter Top Contributor

Gettin' a bit damp down here.

20200725-Hanna.jpg

Feeder band just went by.
    *glub*...

7. azman857

Not reaching the century mark but very humid for us desert dwellers. Very cloudy. Had some rain this past week. It was even said it helped be a part of containment of the Bighorn fire.

Boog, Jim and madmax-im like this.
  8. madmax-im

madmax-im Yamaha...Go your own way... XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

..We are in the S.E. aka the Sauna East..and thats just what we got..Low to mid 90s and humidity close to 90% + everyday...I'm not riding in this .. as i have said many times elsewhere..I live for the morning air...But by 11a.m. I'm done outdoors until late evening...Unklike the desert SW we cool down once the sun goes down..You all do not...Its a fact that everything thats been absorbing sun all day long will start to radiate its stored heat once the sun goes down..I recall many a summer night ..listening to the radio..."Its 10pm and 99* under the scorching moon...Do you know where your children are?"
    Yrs ago there used to be a 10 pm curfew in the city for children less than legal age....

Greyandridin, Jim and Boog like this.
  9. Greyandridin

Greyandridin Got nothing to do and all day to do it XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

They would fire off a small siren on the old water tower to let us kids know it was time to beat ass home

madmax-im and GLJ like this.
  10. Mailman

117 degrees today! When did I move to Saudi Arabia? Won’t be under 100 degrees until after midnight!
    Good Times!
    BF0ED9CE-7D13-4E40-9071-30A54A1C314A.png

11. azman857

110* today because of a High Pressure cell above us. "Cooling down" to 106-103 next week. No rain to 10-20% chances. UGH! I hate not being to ride. I'm just waiting for mid Sept now.

12. Raymondo

Raymondo XS650 rider, fettler, setting out on a journey XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Thank goodness it's August. That was not the best July - cold, changeable and wet. Except for yesterday, which was hot and dry. But, always the optimist, hoping for some better weather now. Today, bright and sunny so I'll be out on Kawasaki W800.

Also hoping the rear mudguard comes back from straightening painting, then can start putting some miles on the XS650.

Jim, Boog and Mailman like this.
  13. Boog

Boog Traveling Stroyteller

"SURPRISE!" Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'll go to my room now....

Greyandridin, Mailman and Jim like this.
  14. OHRider

OHRider XS650 Addict XS650.com Supporter

Rain for the next 2 days. Guess I will work on the Bridgestone Rockford Chibi I am flipping.

Jim and Boog like this.
  15. Mailman

We broke a record yesterday for the most number of days exceeding 110 degrees in a year, 33 days. We are on track to smash that record, we are in an extended heat wave, way over our normal high temps. This is supposed to be our monsoon season and we haven’t had a drop of rain. Check out the forecast for the week ahead.
    B5853769-5FFC-4877-A999-6B69984F2183.png
    What I worry about more than temperature is water supply. No rain equals lowered underground water and lower lakes.

TwoManyXS1Bs and Jim like this.
  16. jetmechmarty

jetmechmarty XS650 Guru XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

I don't know what the temperature is here in northern Mississippi. I just know it's too hot to fish or play golf.

17. Mailman

“And too cold at home” :D
    61C11598-D262-4CAD-85FF-2EC051AC688D.jpeg

jetmechmarty likes this.