Whats your weather right now?

90 degrees today at 4:00 PM. 96 degrees tomorrow and 97 on Tuesday! 😯 it’s gonna be a scorcher of a summer!
03B1F9FA-6953-4B65-9364-A3D862700FFA.png

Absolutely beautiful today, low 80's, low humidity, blue skies, white fluffy clouds-some with an edge of gray.....the kind of day you put up with the rest of the years days for. With luck you get a few of these a year.
Knocked the fescue down on a couple of acres, trimmed some chestnut branches, got pricked and scratched by wild roses, raspberries and hedge-apple.......absorbed a ton of vitamin D?
Now a rumble of thunder to the north. Life is good.

Crisp, cool morning with the promise of sunshine. High of 58 degrees today and 70 tomorrow! :)
Washed. Waxed. Fresh fluids and a carb tune. Even got my seat reupholstered! The Zephyr is chomping at the bit.

Attachments

• 2FA489DE-A1DD-427C-A26A-48F0052D7072.jpeg
    2FA489DE-A1DD-427C-A26A-48F0052D7072.jpeg
    498.7 KB · Views: 41
Try the Harley?? Happy Birthday!🥳

Edit: It insisted on leaking fuel out the carb - despite running pre-sale and pick-up - not a surprise for 46 yr old with 137mi showing:banghead:

Last edited:
Try the Harley?? Happy Birthday!🥳

Edit: It insisted on leaking fuel out the carb - despite running pre-sale and pick-up - not a surprise for 46 yr old with 137mi showing:banghead:
He MADE me do it!
Yeah there was a bit more to the story, since JPD isn't hiding anything...
Put it out in the driveway. cuz, well you know.
My usual 2 hours of wrenching to 5 minutes of riding ratio applied.
It went from dumping fuel 2 weeks ago to NADA no start, no run, no drips.
Drained all the old fuel out of tank, put in fresh premium. NOPE.
Removed air cleaner #4! Phillips screws??? :shrug:
Tried the old hand over the carby while cranking bit, NOPE.
KIMG3501.JPG
these make great little fuel squirt bottles, ;^)
continued hand over carb antics, ran only on squirted fuel.
No float bowl drain screw but that carb hangs out in space pretty good, accelerator pump in float bowl also.
KIMG3491.JPG
Yech. looks like fiberglass resin, carb cleaner didn't touch it, Acetone kinda loosened it, scraped cleaned up the bigger chunks.
Guess I suspect there's tank liner hiding in that tank.
Had to use a pliers to get the float needle out of the seat, more "resin" stuck on it.
KIMG3493.JPG
Got it out and cleaned up. Rubber plug on Pilot was intact. figured pilot would be plugged tho it seemed to run "fine" the day it got here.
couldn't budge pilot, decided didn't want to strip slot so buttoned back up. Float was working to stop and allow fuel flow. Float bowl seal was now longer than it's groove by at least 1/4" so clipped off a bit to reinstall....
All back together fuel on, no leaks. Started and ran "pretty good" suited up and ran it to the top of the hill mebby 1/2 mile. ( momma didn't raise an idiot. No way I was going down the other side of the hill.
Everything seemed good, brakes, clutch, shifting, all worked, Motor seemed happy if as expected a bit lean. Saw 65?MPH easy.
rode it back, had Allison shoot proof;

KIMG3497.JPG
Always said I'd ride a Harley before I hung up my riding gloves.
☑️

And it's back in the shed, I'll drain the tank, and she'll be waiting for her knight in shining armor!
Cleaned up the parking lot
KIMG3500.JPG
and mebby will have time to sneak in a little ride on the BM'r

JPD; add to list main, pilot, float bowl seal.

Attachments

• KIMG3500.JPG
    KIMG3500.JPG
    542.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Geez! I didn't know ya did all that....Sorry about that - hope it didn't dampen the birthday :(. Looks like some tank sealer in my future too🤮

Enjoy the rest of Birthday!

Geez! I didn't know ya did all that....Sorry about that - hope it didn't dampen the birthday :(. Looks like some tank sealer in my future too🤮

Enjoy the rest of Birthday!
I had parked it in the shed, but since you were BAITING me this morning.... thought oh heck I'll see if I can get it going good enough to try a ride.

Back