WHEEL COLOR

DIRTY DOG

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to start to build a set of wheels for my next chopper/bobber
I have seen black rim and hubs been there done that what would look good they will have new s/s spokes rim and hub. whit,red blue green ? what do you all think.bike
will be painted to go with the wheels the black has been done to death any help???:shrug:

An interesting challenge, never really thought about wheels as anything more than another piece of hardware.

Industrial grey ( like what's-his-name who builds industrial-themed bikes)

Irridescent, or chamelion, changes color based on viewing angle.

White --- NOT!

Pearl - maybe

Really busy, like an acoustic guitar rosette around the soundhole

Little/bitty flames

Advertizing - "Your ad here" circling around rim

I'm sure other medicated folks will chime in...

white can be cool
xs650-chop-noid-xs_650_upload2.jpg

everything has been done already, we were born way too late to be original...

The traditional hot rod crowd uses red alot. red rim with a stainless steel hub cap and trim ring(and a white wall tire sometimes). You cant go wrong with that look. I really think you have to know what color you want to paint the bike and then go with a hue that goes with your paint scheme. Back to the hotrod side Ive seen black cars with light green(almost a lime green) wheels and it looks really good. Thats my 2 cents, good luck.

Went with blue with stainless spokes on my current build. I think they look great!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378820640341.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378820640341.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 163
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378820680496.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378820680496.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 152
Technically they should be unlaced but it wouldnt be thw first time I have seen it done together. That just means you cant true it up later.

Doing ok. The town I live in is seperated in half right now. I cant get to the north side of town. Cant get to anything really. Completely cut off from work hopefully they will get some bridges and roads rebuilt soon that way life can go back to normal. Its rough but im better off then some of the others in town. Its the craziest thing I have ever seen here.

I saw this on a silverado site. Custom graffiti on white wheels. Just throwing out ideas, take it or leave it.

truck_low_wheels.jpg

Back