1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Wheel Hub Cover?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ozboy, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Ozboy

Ozboy XS650 Addict

Hey All hope it was a great Christmas and an awesome New Year coming up.
    After my Brembo conversion and dropping the right disk i need the hub cover for to cove the holes.
    Anyone got one kicking around in a parts stash. I have found one but $80AUD shipping is madness!
    I guess a small envelope could ship this at my cost of course.
    Part number 1U4-25847-00-00
    Screenshot_20181229-212344_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20181229-212344_Chrome.jpg

Jim likes this.
  2. gggGary

gggGary I'm listening, change my mind XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

shortest button heads you can find IMHO looks better than that black plastic.

[​IMG]

geedubya, Ozboy and GLJ like this.
  3. Ozboy

Ozboy XS650 Addict

Hey gggGary yeah i was thinking button heads but i do have the black mag wheel so the cover would look alot better I would still have the face between the bolts still silver. I guess black paint could be done.
    Thanks buddy.

4. gggGary

5. 650Skull

650Skull SSSSSSSSSlither Top Contributor

Usually find a question to the seller on shipping price and they will get one for you that isn't inflated

Ozboy and gggGary like this.
  6. halfmile

halfmile XS Builder XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

kansas
    I have one. Dirty but should clean up OK. $2.00. No idea about getting it to Australia though.:umm:
    wheel cap 003.JPG wheel cap 002.JPG

Ozboy, Signal and gggGary like this.
  7. Jim

Jim Beyond the edge is the unknown. Here be Dragons XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

I shipped a similar size & weight part to Meddy. Shipped Postal... in an envelope's gonna be about 15-20 bucks.

Meddy, Ozboy and gggGary like this.
  8. DogBunny

DogBunny Motorcychologist Top Contributor

Just curious where these "lobed" hub caps are coming from.
    hub2.jpg hub1.jpg
    All of the plastic caps that I have ever seen look like this, and all of the parts diagrams show this type of cap. The lobed cap would look fine on gggGary's red pentagram wheel, but on an XS650 hub it will not fulfill its function of hiding the casting depressions.

9. gggGary

The lobed covers fit the mags.

10. DogBunny

DogBunny Motorcychologist Top Contributor

Thanks. I just figured that out, and I was about to erase my post, but as usual, you were too fast...

gggGary likes this.
  11. Ozboy

Ozboy XS650 Addict

Yeah i got the number from parts catalogue #13. I was looking at rims online and seen the cap on a rim and found it in parts catalouge.

Screenshot_20181230-134645_Drive.jpg

gggGary and Jim like this.
  12. 5twins

5twins XS650 Guru Top Contributor

For me, the "holy grail" of spoke wheel covers is the early alloy version, but it's very hard to find. One came on my TX750 wheel and many years of searching eBay has only netted me one more .....

[​IMG]

I like to use it combined with an early unpainted speedo drive. They both polish up real nice and add a little "bling" to the front wheel .....

[​IMG]

Machine, Ozboy and gggGary like this.
  13. halfmile

halfmile XS Builder XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

kansas
    There is a wheel on eBait right now that has the aluminium cover on it and a different Stamped Steel one NOS for $45.00.

Ozboy likes this.
  14. 5twins

5twins XS650 Guru Top Contributor

I have another early unpainted speedo drive on it's way to me right now. It was so cheap I couldn't not buy it, lol. The eBay seller wanted $9.50 or best offer, plus free shipping. I offered him $6, he accepted, and I bought it, lol .....

[​IMG]

A little clean-up and polishing, along with a disassembly and re-grease, and she'll be a beauty.

geedubya and Ozboy like this.
  15. Ozboy

Ozboy XS650 Addict

I did find these on a Japanese Yahoo site and look really nice! Pricey but very nice.
    Google Chrome translates it and i am always looking around in it. The home of the big four bike makers still has alot of rare gear on it.
    https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/s625526594
    Screenshot_20181231-061521_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20181231-061530_Chrome.jpg

16. geedubya

geedubya geedubya Top Contributor

gggGary,

I agree this is what I did on my '76.

GW

gggGary likes this.
  17. Beags64

Beags64 XS650 Junkie Top Contributor

Michigan
    Ozboy and gggGary like this.