Wheels for an 81 bobber project

simplyaugust

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I need to find a set of wired wheels for my 81 xs650 bobber. I just bought a running 81 xs650 and am currently hardtailing it. Hardtail is from TC Bros. Disk in front and drum in back but with ugly mag wheels. Looking for any wired wheels that will work without having to buy a bunch of new parts. I was thinking of a springer front end as an option as well. Let me know what you guys think is nicer and easier. I want a 16 in back and a 19 in front. Trying to research HD wheels since they are easier to find, but im new to building motorcycles and not sure all the parts I need new and what they are. I would love any help and your opinions. Really like the springer front TC Bros has for the 650. I am in LA and will pay for shipping, if anyone has a great wheel set up they want to sell.

Thanks

You will have to run a Harley front wheel for sure that's what the springer is set up for unless you wanna go through a lot of hassle. Now if you want to run a rear wheel off of a Harley the slots on the tc bros hardtail will be 1/32nd off so you have a couple of choices a. Custom spacers. B. Deal with it. Or c. Lay a bead of weld on the bottom and then file it down till it fits. I'm going with c. Hope this helps

If you stay with stock front you can run stock spoke wheel. Disk on back can be HARLEY or you may want to hunt down a HONDA KAW SUZ touring bike back wheel REBEL SPRINT VULCAN some of these are 16 back wheel and will work with TCB ass end. Harley is 1" or 3/4 inch axle and you will have to do some mods on axle plates. USE jap wheel you can get correct sprocket for wheel, HARLEY wheel you will have to get a sprocket to match and most of them start at 46 tooth and XS is 34 at best so there is a big difference. I run HARLEY wheels and change the front sprocket on motor ONE TOOTH IN FRONT DROPS 3 IN BACK HOPE THIS HELPED
DADDYGCYCLES

Thanks guys, this helps a lot. I think Ill go stock for now, since its my first build, and add the springer front with a HD wheel later on down the road.

Back