Wheels Up! Submit your XS650 Wheelie Pics HERE!

What, you've never tried?? :yikes: I've tried to wheelie everything from weedeaters to fwd cars... My success has varied :laugh:

Ah, A man after my own heart! I had an XS 400 years ago that I would always try to wheelie. It never quite ran right until the day I sold it, go figure. Pulled a great wheelie right in front of the guy who ended up buying it. I guess he realized a 400 would have enough power for him then. I think the extra low 1st gear in the six speed helped on that though.

It was not a XS, but it was a 650cc. It was my '74 M-66 Ural sidecar rig. If I let out the clutch too fast and the revs a bit higher than needed, the front wheel would skip to the right. That's the closest I've ever come to doing a wheelie. What can I say...Oh yeah, I had that bike 30 yrs ago....LOL

This picture is not mine. I stole it from xs650chopper.com

Just adding to the pictures of wheelies cause lets face it. We all just want to look at pictures of cool stuff anyways.

xs650-chop-IMG_4638-2-587x485.jpg

Been trying to work up the nerve to wheelie my 650. Been smashin em on the kodiak, maybe soon on the 650. ill get a pic if I get em down.
PART951307719406607.jpg

ttwp.gif

I just had to do that!

1323194736_improvised_wheelie.gif

ANYTHING can wheelie.

ANYTHING!

OK OK I DO NOT have a picture of an XS650 wheelie. And I am ashamed to admit I don't think I have tried it on any recent XS650. I AM that old fart I used to laugh at!
Uh well I have wheelied the 1200 Bandit I have owned three days with sand covered roads about 6 times already but it's hardly fair, twist throttle in first three gears, wheelie. Maybe there's hope yet.:laugh:

I couldn't not post THIS

1277900116_motorcycle-stop-stunt.gif

17.gif

Sorry, Dude, no wheelstands on motorcycles for me since the 1980s... If God had meant for us to pull wheelies, motorcycles would only have one wheel.

Besides, I close my eyes when the front wheel comes off the road.

ttwp.gif

I just had to do that!

1323194736_improvised_wheelie.gif

ANYTHING can wheelie.

ANYTHING!

OK OK I DO NOT have a picture of an XS650 wheelie. And I am ashamed to admit I don't think I have tried it on any recent XS650. I AM that old fart I used to laugh at!
Uh well I have wheelied the 1200 Bandit I have owned three days with sand covered roads about 6 times already but it's hardly fair, twist throttle in first three gears, wheelie. Maybe there's hope yet.:laugh:

I couldn't not post THIS

1277900116_motorcycle-stop-stunt.gif

17.gif

Gotta love that hydrostatic transmission on that Cat.

My dirt bikes pretty much lived on the rear wheel. Somewhere there's TV footage of my XR400 comin' at the camera. :D One of these days I'll get the XS up in the air.

Great thread Hugh. I haven't had a chance to get my front wheel up yet but will post some pics as soon as I do!!!

The latest bike:
408668_4945187903555_1080860439_n.jpg

And the wheelies it does :)

74933_4988315181710_464774237_n.jpg

It has a "few" engine mods - haha... Working against it though is the longer swingarm and stretched frame. But it still pulls some good air... Riding this thing is like riding a dirtbike :bike:

Refreshing this thread. Any other guys on hard tails hangin the hoops? I am still in the process of dialing my heap in, but can hang the front wheel a little. It is nice to try on a back road every now and then.

Last edited:
I never were a good wheely (er) but not from lack of trying, starting with my grade school 10 speed. There were a few accidental wheelies back in the day that didn't stop til I had clawed my way back up to the front of the bike, several (OK, many) included unsuspecting passengers.... A bud of mine can run his dresser through the gears while on the rear, no really.

1011298_10151693168073895_371767577_n.jpg

We may see him attempt a worlds record for the fastest wheelie on ice this winter. (turbo suzuki drag bike)
He has many bones that haven't been broken yet.

Back