When will the xs650 hardtail fad end

I never said I hated choppers or bobbers. Tech7 your way too cool for anything or anybody.Looks like your doing some bitchin yourself

You know sometimes it gets a little boring in here so I like to stir things up and get everybody going,it's good to see such passionate xs riders. Tech I am not a hater as of matter of fact I have 3 separate folders on my desktop 1 for cafe 1 for dirt trackers and 1 for customs and bobbers not only to admire others work but also to steal certain little design elements for my own bikes.

I don't get this part:"If your gonna chop do something different, be creative don't just think your being creative".

Why? how about if the challenge is simply mastering the skills involved, as well as maintaining or striving for a certain simple, traditional chopper look? just saying..... People are all on different journeys or on different parts of their journey in life.

I can kind of see where you might be coming from....but not everyone has the mad creativity of, say, Billy whats his name (who's in jail) or the tech plus creativity of Roland Sands. Not everyone can be a John Britten and hew an all-original bike from raw metal.
The great ones (whether bike builder or painter or musician) will stand out and others will just do what feels good. I don't think anyone sets out to make a bad looking chop (and I know there are some of those out there). But for some, being cutting edge simply for the sake of being cutting edge, just isn't a real attractive proposition.

I think most folks who are building choppers (as well as cafe's or whatever) ARE pushing their own personal envelope with every build. That's just a hunch.....

Dislike is a better work than hater.......as for me I could never figure what was wrong with springs.....I always considered it a backward move....I ride too much and must be a softie though.......xsjohn

This is a popular machine to hardtail and there are a ton of resources available to do so. There is nothing wrong with springs, others like the look without them. Alot of guys riding stock bikes sure think it's a waste of time hardtailing a bike. But you never hear us hardtail guys giving you guys that ride swingarm a bad time, whats with that?

John I don't even dislike them there are some nice ones out there. It's funny how u cant speak your mind or be honest today without being attacked or portrayed as one person put it a "hater".Politically correct behavior is creating a nation of dumb dishonest pussy's.

"Alot of guys riding stock bikes sure think it's a waste of time hard tailing a Bike"

"But you never hear us hardtail guys giving you guys that ride swingarm a bad time, whats with that?"

These statements are not true nor can they be backed up with supporting details and I don't think you can draw such an assumption from this post or any other post on this site.

God I love stirring the pot, I was bored and thought a good argument would help me through the week 20 something posts and still going,guys don't take it to heart

I apologize xstwin, I mean myself and alot of others have respect for both types of bikes stock and hardtailed not just on this forum. I don't give grief to a guy running a stock bike because thats what he likes to ride. Opinions are like a$$holes everyone has one.

To finish Pup's statement, as I heard it, 'And they ALL stink'. Thirteen word's of wisdom. Inside every old person is a young person saying " What the fuck happened?":wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::yikes:

First time they accidentally run off the road like we all do from time to time they will know why they shouldn't have done that...........:yikes: :laugh:

xsjohn

It"s sickening to me that all these bikes are being chopped up,but it's even worse that they all look the same. If I see another tc bros weld on hardtail with a sportster tank,whitewalls,and a yellow lens in the headlight I'm gonna freak. If your gonna chop do something different, be creative don't just think your being creative. Jockey shift yeh uh thats not so unique either,but one of the things that boggles the mind is the way these guys set up the frames,worst lines I have ever seen on something with a motor since the pacer.YOU LOOK LIKE A GIANT RIDING ON AN ACUTE TRIANGLE.THE BACKBONE IS SO SHORT AND STEEP U CAN BARELY SEE OVER THE GAS TANK. You know they do sell pipe benders and welders so you can do your own thing :doh:. I just had to get that off my mind.:banghead::banghead:

- with language like this are you surprised at peoples bafflement

John I don't even dislike them there are some nice ones out there. It's funny how u cant speak your mind or be honest today without being attacked or portrayed as one person put it a "hater".Politically correct behavior is creating a nation of dumb dishonest pussy's.

- :bs:you were deliberately provocing, got the reaction you wanted...dont now try and claim to be the good guy :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::wtf:

Well they say women enjoy the hard saddle.......maybe some men do too...... but don't ask don't tell......... :laugh:

:wtf: now your reading my mind this is good stuff,now go claim credit for someone else's idea:bike:

It"s sickening to me that all these bikes are being chopped up,but it's even worse that they all look the same. If I see another tc bros weld on hardtail with a sportster tank,whitewalls,and a yellow lens in the headlight I'm gonna freak. If your gonna chop do something different, be creative don't just think your being creative. Jockey shift yeh uh thats not so unique either,but one of the things that boggles the mind is the way these guys set up the frames,worst lines I have ever seen on something with a motor since the pacer.YOU LOOK LIKE A GIANT RIDING ON AN ACUTE TRIANGLE.THE BACKBONE IS SO SHORT AND STEEP U CAN BARELY SEE OVER THE GAS TANK. You know they do sell pipe benders and welders so you can do your own thing :doh:. I just had to get that off my mind.:banghead::banghead:

I love it. I'm south of fifty, been riding, and wrenching on hot rods and bikes all of my life. Grew up in my dads shop (read; hair) his day job was our gun shop; his after dinner passion was fast trucks, cars,bikes and boats. I raised my son in the same manor.
For all you guys chopping/cutting/welding/cussing, and having a beer while staring into the bowels of the beast you've just created; or recreated or waiting to bring back to life, fuck what anyone else has to say about what you are doing.yeppers, fuckem. And if they got any friends, fuck them to.:yikes:
This is one of the last freedoms we have in this USA. Freedom to express ourselves as long as we do no harm to another.:thumbsup:
I would never consider chopping my 67 Triumph TT Special, or my 1972 BSA. I have two XS 750s (Champion framed fire breathing gas sputtering loud neighbors hate me Yamahas) aint gonna chop them either. HOWEVER, I have 1997 Buell Thunderbolt, and a two stock XS 650s, and I am gonna chop all three of em just as soon as I get all the parts to do so. I will continue to exercise my liberty to express myself for as long as I have the breath to do so and I advise anyone else with the desire to do the same.
These Yamahas (XS650s) are all over. I will not live long enough to see these bikes on an endangered list. Stock arts are everywhere and there cheep.
So go for it; if you fuck it up, try again. How else you gonna learn anything.

>maxx40x

Men fix things women decorate......... :laugh:

And this is Friday night so have fun with this discussion and don't get the panties in a wad............... I love to stir the S just to smell it...... in case you didn't know....

xsjohn

no it's thursday here john,and your right there is a bunch of S here to smell I think I'm done with this thread it's getting boring they all say the same thing and build the same thing.

Gee Whiz John, is that you again, tryin'ta fuck us all up, aren't ya? First , don't ask or I'll shoot ya, now this? Ya gotta have a big ass stick to stir this one up.

Now the bald guy gotta chime in. See what ya'll started? Some one's gonna lose an eye if your not carefull. Give me those sissors.:shrug::shrug::shrug:

Back