Where are you guys buying wire from?

tbone1980

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I am getting ready to do my wiring from scratch and I was wondering where you guys are going to get your wires? Do you try to find the same color wires as original or do you make up your own color scheme? Thanks for your help!

I get mine from Pacer Marine in Ft Lauderdale. They are a boat based biz and have anything electrical for boats. Tey supply most builders and local repair shops. Stuff works great on bikes too. Wire, fuses, cuircut breakers, term ends.

I went to a local radio shack and they didn't have any good wiring which I was shocked! I will check out Home depot this week. I didn't think that Home Depot had anything other than the standard housing wiring 12-2 kind of stuff. Thank you for the help!

I go to radio shack all the time and buy wire and switches good prices. But you can go to any auto place
PEP BOY's
AUTO ZONE
NAPA
HARBOR FREIGHT
or a electric supply house
Should not be hard to find wires and connectors.Radio Shack even has the 8 and 10 pin connectors like TC BROTHERS kit

GENUINEDEALZ.COM free shipping great prices for marine wire and will custome build battery cables for you.

If you are real cheap ass buy trailer wire kits, 25' in four colors and two connectors that would serve for the stator connection for very little $$$. Even have em at walrusmart. Heck buy a harbor fright trailer light kit and you have the wire PLUS a tail, brake, license light PLUS a spare for when you fall off.

I get retro cloth covered wiring at hummeremporium.com. It has a regular vinyl covering under the the cloth but still looks cool. It's a little pricey 4 bucks for 10 foot, but I like the look of it.

does not matter were you get it, what i like that moves the power is thin copper stran wire, lil thiker than speaker wire,depends were you put it gauge for the volts

I get wire at the places others mention. Keeping the colors to match stock helps on troubleshooting. When you ask a question most people refer to stock colors in the answers.

yup ,i used a insulating wire terminal junction block from a 'ol washer . works fine in my fake oil tank . with all the scrappers taking electric cords and all for $$ i have a drum full of old wire to take up

On some of the older ones you get a bonus of copper washers on the junction blocks. Just depends on how much you want to scrounge. Prediction: In the future we will mine our landfills.

Back