Where did you guys mount your capacitor?

MiniDanzig

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
where are you guys mounting your capacitors? i think i saw someone mount one of the Sparx caps by that slinky that comes on it. what is that thing? hah. i know it has to be out in the open for air flow but i don't recall seeing any photos where they are visible. curious what you guys are doing.

The "slinky" is used so vibrations do not shake your capacitor to pieces. Use it! You should suspend it by the spring in an opened-air area.

My guess is they stick it along with everting else inside a fake oil tank. That way it all burns up together. Just be sure to carry good fire insurance.
Leo

My guess is they stick it along with everting else inside a fake oil tank. That way it all burns up together. Just be sure to carry good fire insurance.
Leo

hahaha, definitely not stuffing it inside of anything. just curious how everyone is doing such a good job of hiding them. i'll see what i can come up with.

I've not read anything particular about cooling requirements - just how much air flow do they need? I had mine fitted in the neck gusset but haven't run it yet so don't know how hot it will get.

Didn't get a PMA but next on the list. Would like to see how or where the sparx capacitor is mounted. Is there a different capacitor than the sparx that you can run with a PMA.

Didn't get a PMA but next on the list. Would like to see how or where the sparx capacitor is mounted. Is there a different capacitor than the sparx that you can run with a PMA.

this is what im running:

05' banshee rotor
1984 vf500 stator
1985 vf500 regulator
-4700uf max35v capacitors

EDIT: nm this thread is dead

Last edited:
Back