Where did you guys mount your upgraded fuse block?

Another approach to keeping the "stock" look is replace the original fuse clips with new clips taken from an inexpensive Radio Shack fuse box. Down side is staying with glass tube fuses, but many of us old farts have enough of them lying around to keep our bikes going long after we're gone.

Attachments

• RadioShack fuse box fix.jpg
    RadioShack fuse box fix.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 79
Is there an easy way to get to the RLU connecter than pulling the fender?
It won't come up through the space between the frame and battery box.

I ended up returning my fuse block to the auto parts store and I bought 4 individual in line fuse holders for blade fuses. There wasn't any good place to mount that fuse block to retain the stock look. At least now I can tuck this in front of the battery under the frame and still have easy access. I have them temporarily marked with scotch tape and I plan on making nice labels with my printer over the weekend. I got this idea from retiredgentleman.

On my 81 the four fuse holders lay on top of the batterey just fine. The PO tossed the old holder and the cover over the battery. No hold down strap either. So things fit just fine.
I guess I could get a heavy rubber band and use it to hold them still.
The labels are a good idea. I just remember that the red wires are the main fuse, the red/white are ignition, the red/yellow is the lights and brown is everthing else. You can see the colors just past where the fuse holders hook in.
Leo

This is what I'm going to use on my tracker. My plan is to extend the wires, and mount this in what must have been the tool holder at the rear of the battery box. I will cut open the top of it and mount this inside. The terminals lock inside the plastic. ATC fuse then

Attachments

• fuseh1.jpg
    fuseh1.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 129
I have the same fuseblock racerdave is using, they are sold by Dorman under their P/N 85668. I've used them on other projects with good success. I 'sectioned' the stock battery box so it would fit a smaller battery, then made a 'shelf' on the back of that box to mount the fuse block.

Back