where did you ride on your xs today?

payaso13

1978xs650
Reaction score
Took my bike for a ride by red rock...weather is getting good to ride in Vegas now. 20140928_090346.jpg

Hey Payaso
That's Red Rock NEW MEXICO, no?
(Everybody's gonna think you're in Nevada)
I have ID-d 3 other XS forum members in NM - XSKid, Moonraker & whisky plus myself.
Does that make a gang?

I road my 'new' bobber around town yesterday, to show it to some friends. Still dialing things in. Here's the build thread - http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23837

Even with all that wet weather the weatherman says your supposed to be getting? And that's Redrock park, north of 'Vegas, right?

Yeah...its northwest of vegas. ..just a little loop around canyon. And then get home to watch bears game!

My favorite loop was West Charleston RD to Blue Diamond and back to Nellis on Las Vegas BLVD. That was back in '81-'82 on an orange '60 R-69 BMW. I'm sure it's all built up now.

Last edited:
Yeah I think your right. Was there with the family(w/o the SG)last June and seems they added 2 lanes on LV Blvd in the last 30 yrs. It's crazy driving around there now.

Yeah I've never ridin' on strip...try and stay away from there. Try and ride out of town...go to Arizona for lottery tickets. .just little half day or so rides.

Took a 45 minute ride on the '75 today - just cruising some county roads near "Frostbite Falls". Beautiful sunny day with Fall colors at peak but a bit chilly at 43 degrees. Had the '79 out yesterday for 45 minutes or so. When I left the sun was shining - on the way back there were some splats of wet snow flakes on my face.
Hrumph. Northern Minnesota in October. As soon as the gas tanks are empty the bikes are getting put away for the year.

-bruce

The crap weather finally cleared today, so off I went to test the brakes. Did about 20 miles and returned past Castell Coch (Welsh for Red Castle) which is located approximately 1 mile from my home as the crow flies. For those El Cid fans, this castle featured in the movie for about 5 seconds in a scene where a messenger rides past. Another storm is due in tomorrow!!!

CastileCoch1.jpg

Very cool Paul! I sure don't have anything like that in my neck of the woods. I'm hoping the rain clears off this morning and the nice weather gives it another go. The forecast is mixed for today and then the temps are headed down again. Oh well, it's February and it's Canada - shouldn't be surprised I guess.

Cheers,

Pete

Paul, looks like you live in a beautiful area in the UK. I'm a history fan and enjoy seeing castles. Last May I traveled over to the UK and visited the Inveraray Castle, which is near Glasgow Scotland. Inveraray Castle is the ancestral home of the Campbell Clan, which is of interest to me, since I am a Campbell. The UK is so rich in history!
castle-450.jpg

Back