Where to buy brass bs38 floats

dunnroadmafia

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 78 seems to have a float that has developed a small leak, that being said it looks like its time for some new ones. Where can i get genuine Mikuni floats, i think i have found them on boats.net and 650 central. Are mikesxs floats worth the green? Ive read a couple post across the interweb that seem to think his floats are some what hit or miss. So besides boats and 650 central are there any other reputable places to get a genuine float?

Thanks
Quinn

I think you can still get them from the dealer, you will pay for them though.
Leo

Thats what i figured, I noticed the prices on boats.net were 35 and some change for one, which kind of surprised me. 650 centrals are 16 and change and they list them as geniune mikuni

650central is a good place to get parts. You have to call it in but talking to Michael Morse is always worth it. He can answer many questions about our XS650's.
Leo

Most everything is online these days. I was kinda nervous on making the call. I had all my part no.s ready to go. Morse is a great guy.

As long as they're genuine Mikuni, get them from 650Central or where ever. Mikuni floats are somewhat generic. They only have 4 or 5 that they use in all their carbs. Yamaha will mark them way up. Same with their jets. A Mikuni main retails for around $4. Yamaha will charge you $7 or $8 for the same jet because it's in a Yamaha parts bag.

Back