Where to buy jets?

TwoFitty

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I am probably going to need to re-jet my carbs (stock bs38) as I have installed pod air filters. I was wondering where the best place to buy jets was? I hate paying the shipping at mikes but I know that they have them. Thanks!

I prefer to use genuine Mikuni jets. The ones from Mike's are knock-offs. Years ago they were cheaper but since Mike's raised their prices, they now cost about the same as a genuine Mikuni jet. So now, there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to buy and use them.

Your carbs use some of the most common types of Mikuni jets made, the small round main (type N102.221) and the VM22/210 pilot. They are available from numerous places on-line, even Amazon.com. However, I suggest checking with some of the local shops in your area. A shop that caters to dirt bikes, ATVs, and/or snowmobiles will usually have a large assortment of individual jets for sale. This is how I get most of mine, just resorting to mail orders for the sizes I can't find.

And how can you tell if what you're looking at is a genuine Mikuni jet? Look for their trademark "square-in-square" emblem stamped on the jet somewhere .....

MikuniEmblem.jpg

GenuineMikuniJet.jpg

I buy all of my jets from the local bike shops, i wouldnt waste the time or money ordering and having to wait if you can just get them local, unless they were sold out or something

I have about one thousand and if you just want to see what works and what doesn't hit me up and i will give you a good deal on used jets. I have some new too.. I think i go from 90 to 240 in jet sizes. Short story....Went to a local shop for two jets that i didn't have and the kid behind the counter told me $12.00 a jet i told him i had 0ver 2,000 at the time and told him i would sell them jets at $8.00 each he told me cool bring about 500 we will buy them. Went back NO KID behind counter THINK HE GOT FIRED.....

Many places grossly over-charge for jets, especially pilots. The retail from Sudco, the Mikuni distributor, is only about $3.50 each. If I go to a shop and they want $8 or $10 per jet, I inform them of the retail price and then walk out, lol.

Try your local dirtbike, atv, boat, jetski, snowmobile, whatever shops. Most of these shops sell Mikinui jets. Some even have gently used jets to sell. Talk real nice and they may let you try sevral sets and only charge for the ones you use.
Leo

Back