Where to find a quality headlight?

dwallzee

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been looking for a quality headlight with high and low beam, possibly hid or led but doesn't have to be. What are some quality brands or lights?

I've been looking for a quality headlight with high and low beam, possibly hid or led but doesn't have to be. What are some quality brands or lights?

Don't waste your money on expensive headlights. The best value for your money can be found at Walmart. Buy a Sylvania H6024 Halogen, 60/40 watt, sealed beam. Its a 7" automotive bulb that fits an XS650 just fine.

I've been using one for the past 8 years. Gives very good light and and is long lasting.
$18.00 in Canada, so probably less than $15.00 in USA.

Hi dwallzee,
if you just want a beam unit to fit your stock headlight bucket, RetdGent's Sylvania 60/40 will work for you.
If you'd prefer a reflector with a separate bulb &/or more wattage, Wallymart has them too.
But if you want beam unit, bucket and all, perhaps you could define what style, size & mounting your build needs?

Sorry for the miscommunication I'm looking for a whole headlight assembly

Right, then.
You don't get what you don't pay for.
That $15 tractor headlight from Princess Auto won't be as nice as the $90 replica stock headlight from MikesXS.
But apart from being a hi/lo light you didn't say what style or size you wanted.
Best I can advise is scan through as many bike parts catalogs as you can find on line and pick one you like.
Buy from them or look through the list's classifieds to see if there's a used one to buy.

If you are going to put your wiring inside the headlight, might be a good idea to get a complete headlight with as much room as possible. The stock XS unit is pretty cramped when everything is stuffed in. I think the ones listed as "Lucas" or "Lucas Clone" are the biggest inside. The Lucas light was standard on Triumph Bonnevilles destined for the streets if you want to see what one looks like. I think Mike's sells one of these.

BTW: "Real" Triumph Bonneville.

Back