Where to get carb parts besides MikesXS?

Chizel

XS650 Member
Reaction score
So after a lot of reading and help from guys on the board, I figure I am ready to order my parts I need to rebuilt my carbs. Being as I am from Canada, I am told I can't order from MikesXS, I need to use the Canadian Version, XS650 Direct. Ok, no problem, until they don't stock all the parts I am after. I contact them, as the way their web site is set up, you can't back order anything, you just have to delete it. I ask how I go about ordering what I am after, and am told they get stock every 2 months from MikesXS & to just try the order again in a few months. This is unacceptable, I am in need of these parts soon. So I check & Mikes has all the parts I need, but they will not ship to Canada. No big deal, I have a US shipping addy I can supply, I get parts shipped there all the time from other vendors. Well, Mikes will not accept my credit card as it is not a US credit card. I email them to see how to get around this and am told too bad, they do not sell to Canadians, have I tried eBay..... So, here I sit ready to rebuild some carbs but with no one to sell me the parts I need. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

You can buy carb parts from www.650central.com down in California. Have a look at his web site.

There is no on line ordering. You can phone them and place your order, or even use that old fashioned method, snail mail. They offer excellent customer service, and the owner Michael Morse, is an expert on these bikes.

I'm just wondering why the rush on parts, when there is still 5 months of winter here in the great white north.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, I took a look at each and ordered the parts from who Blue suggested, easy transaction being as they are Canadian, so thanks!

Retired, the reason I am looking to get the parts soon, as being this is my first bike build, and I am starting with a basket case that I am not even sure runs, I want all the time to get it running, tune it and get it ready for spring so no time of summer is missed - sorry for the run on sentence.

depends on whether you want Yamaha parts or after market, mikes is good on jets but gaskets can be iffy, Sirius and sudco both have problems with kits that may or may not be correct, if you can get individual parts you have a better chance of getting the right/correct parts... these guys have some parts
http://www.powersportsplus.com/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/parts.html

Last edited:
You can buy carb parts from www.650central.com down in California. Have a look at his web site.

There is no on line ordering. You can phone them and place your order, or even use that old fashioned method, snail mail. They offer excellent customer service, and the owner Michael Morse, is an expert on these bikes.

I'm just wondering why the rush on parts, when there is still 5 months of winter here in the great white north.
I back this. Michael was very helpful and pleasant to deal with.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, I took a look at each and ordered the parts from who Blue suggested, easy transaction being as they are Canadian, so thanks!

Retired, the reason I am looking to get the parts soon, as being this is my first bike build, and I am starting with a basket case that I am not even sure runs, I want all the time to get it running, tune it and get it ready for spring so no time of summer is missed - sorry for the run on sentence.

Yes, starting with a basket case, you will need all of the next 5 months. As jayel pointed out, some sellers of carb kits, sell incorrect jets for a given year.

If you post the year of your bike/engine/carbs, the carb guru's will likely tell you what jets etc. you require. Don't assume the carb kit you ordered has the right jets.

hahaha. C.W. im guessing...checked your profile....

Do you need any carb parts themselves, or just seals? 2 sets of bs38's that you might be able to get some things from if need be.

Last edited:
Back