Where to put toolkit ?

Around these parts, it's not that bad of an issue. I wouldn't leave my helmet locked on my bike overnight and try to not leave my bike parked in a shady part of town for very long, but I don't really have a fear of leaving it for several hours. When I'm running errands, etc. I typically leave my lid hanging on the right grip, with my gloves tucked into the helmet...haven't had any issues. I'm sure it will happen at some point, but so far (20+ yrs so far) I haven't had anyone mess with my bike/gear.

When I take a longer trip to unknown areas, I tend to be way more cautious and lock up my bike (front rotor lock) and carry my stuff with me.

thats a nice neat solution but I'm not sure it would hold sufficient tools to be worthwhile.
The most important tool in my toolroll is always my multimeter and even a small one takes up quite a bit of room.
I'm not sure where you could put that on a standard non customised bike.

I'm rapidly coming round to looking at removable tail pack solutions to fit to the pillion seat. They usually convert to a backpack to carry with you off the bike and you can get a spare tube and waterproof jacket and trousers as well as all the spares and tools you'd ever need.:thumbsup:

I'm gonna need a bigger garage Fred :D

Hi peanut,
everybody needs a bigger garage, eh?
If the town & country planning nazis won't let you make it wider wider or longer did the fascist bastards think about stopping you building it taller?
Buddy Bob the Britbike fanatic has a 3' high mezzanine along one side of his workshop,
Bantams & Tiger Cubs up top, Gold Flashes and Thunderbirds underneath.

thanks Roy
Thats almost exactly the bag I bought in the end but I'm going to fit mine on the pillion seat with bungees . It is an expanding bag and makes a really good back rest too .
Thanks for your suggestion and link.:thumbsup:

Back