Which supplier. Boats, stadium or Mikes??

When I started out buying parts, I (for whatever reason) went with BikeBandit before I realized how true to their name they are with respect to my bank account - Bandits... with their exorbitant (i.e., fucking high) pricing and long shipping times from San Diego, CA.

All carb parts are aftermarket??? Even through boats. Seats needles and gaskets are aftermarket?? Are gaskets from mikes worth it... Mainly the sump gasket... IF I should order elsewhere I will
If you're looking for genuine Mikuni carb parts, try Jetsrus.com (or 3M @ 650Central), although last year I ordered BS34 Jets from a couple from eBay Stores like sportbikeneeds and lytleracingroup.

ronayers.com has free shipping on orders over $89 and I checked some parts and found them as much as 10% under Partzilla, both aftermarket and OEM. No trouble the times I used them. Their web site is tough for finding parts.

Marty,

I will check out RonAyers.com since its a neighboring State for me. Coincidentally, I will be moving to Charleston, SC soon....another neighboring State. :D

I don't believe that with these parts companies there will ever be one best place. Sure, there will probably be one that constantly does a person well, be it Boats, Partzilla or Stadium (as in my limited experience). The prices seem to vary place to place as does the stock situation. I've seen items on Partzilla that Stadium didn't have.

On my most recent purchase (2004 Yamaha Road Star Warrior clutch boss assay 5PX-16370-10-00), I did price compare Partzilla and Stadium. Stadium was $40 less on price whereas the shipping was only $3 more. In that particular case, it was cheaper to go there. That order was for 1 fair sized item that was over $100. I may have a different experience with several smaller, cheaper items as YL76 had. Interestingly enough, ronayres.com did not have the item.

I have a handful of sites bookmarked and when ever I place an order, I put it in all the sites and see who's cheapest. At the end of the day though, sometimes it's best to go with a company you have familiarity with even it is a little more (no too much more though).

ronayers.com has free shipping on orders over $89 and I checked some parts and found them as much as 10% under Partzilla, both aftermarket and OEM. No trouble the times I used them. Their web site is tough for finding parts.
That's a good tip on the free shipping over $89, I didn't know that, will have to look at Ron Ayers next time.

One more thing, if you just need a single small part, Partzilla (and boats.net) seem to be in the process of putting their entire inventory on eBay, searchable by Yamaha part number.
For example, the "washer, plain" that YL76 referenced in the attachment below can be searched by part number on eBay and bought new from Partzilla for $2.97 plus $2.95 shipping, not too bad if you just need a single small part.

View attachment 51688

Okay, so I just got an email from Ron Ayers touting their "All NEW" website. They say Free Shipping on orders over $249, not $89. Major, major bummer. Looks like I'm sticking with Partzilla after all.

Okay, so I just got an email from Ron Ayers touting their "All NEW" website. They say Free Shipping on orders over $249, not $89. Major, major bummer. Looks like I'm sticking with Partzilla after all.

Yep! The whole thing changed overnight. The site is improved with a fiche. Checking a couple of parts, the prices have been adjusted and now are a close match to Partzilla on what I checked. Oh well. It's still a very viable option. I've been happy with them.

Back