which way round for rear wheel adjusters ?

peanut

XS650 enthusiast & inveterate tinkerer
Top Contributor
Reaction score
quicky question.
I cannot find any image or description that explains which way round the rear wheel adjusters fit.! I have searched the forum without luck.

The adjusters have a thin side and a thickened side that the axle fits through.
Does the thick side go outside the dropouts ? or do they fit inside the rear dropouts ?

Mine has a washer attached to the outer side, which also makes it the thicker side, so you don't have to fool with a separate washer. Also the chain alignment notch is only present on that outer side, and on the top (there is a right and left adjuster) .....

HitchPinCotter3.jpg

quicky question.
I cannot find any image or description that explains which way round the rear wheel adjusters fit.! I have searched the forum without luck.

The adjusters have a thin side and a thickened side that the axle fits through.
Does the thick side go outside the dropouts ? or do they fit inside the rear dropouts ?

yes washer side out, you can kind of see it here

Attachments

• REAR_WHEEL_TX650AXS650BC.png
    REAR_WHEEL_TX650AXS650BC.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 155
On the axle puller there are notches that line up with the lines on the swing arm.
The pullers, one has both holes the same size, the other has the out side hole smaller.
On my 75 the one with the smaller out side hole only has the notch on one side. To see the notch, it needs to go on the right side.
If yours has notches on both sides then it won't matter.
Some pullers have notches so they can be used on either side. But they all have one hole smaller. This is done so it fits closely to the threaded parts of the axle. The threaded part of the axle is smaller than the rest of the axle.
Leo

wow you guys are frickin awesome !

3x answers in as many minutes with images . :thumbsup:
thank you .
Leo I never noticed that the hole on one side of the adjuster is smaller than the other one ! That should have told me had I been observant enough to notice it.:doh:

Just noticed the notch now you have pointed it out thanks Rear wheel and chain adjusted perfect thanks

Last edited:
Back