White Walls

donmillerx

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey again...

Not sure if I should start a dozen different threads for all my different questions or just spit it all in one but I'm also looking for some new tires. Any opinions on whitewalls?

I've got the standard 19" front and 16" rear. I think 130 is the maximum width for the latter, correct? How about the front?

Would love some to hear some reviews on Dunlop 404's, Avon's, Cokers, etc. As well as any others you guys might recommend.

Will $100/each buy me some decent ones? How much should I expect to pay for "installation"?

Thanks again.

It'll probably depend if you bring the bike in to have new tires put on or just bring in the wheels. Also, some places charge differently if you buy the tires from them. Might be $50-$100 for dismount, remount, and balancing for front and rear depending on the above.

Avon venom make whitewalls the sizes you want, 140 will fit the rear just with about 2mm either side, they are excellant tyres plenty of grip, i have them on one of my bikes, I wish when I bought the tyres for the one I'm riding here I'd paid that few dollars more and got them, instead I bought Dunlop Spitfires and feal the back end weaving when I'm slowing down quickly.

Back