Who can help Machine me Slugs for my Frame

RockingThePartyDJ

XS650 Obsessed
Reaction score
I'm going to stretch the Neck on one of my XS650's and to ensure the Frame integrity I need some help in the fabrication and machining of Slugs for my frame, my brothers Best Friend Owns an awesome Machine shop and could have normally helpped but his business is so busy there's no way for him to help for a loooooong time way too long. Month's Maybe at best :confused: and that sucks but hey what can you do.
So I'm hoping someone here is handy with a Lathe can help me for a price of course, so shoot me a quote for 6 slugs 4 for down tubes & 2 for Backbone, I will get you specific dimensions once I cut the tubing unless you already know the ID & of OD of all tubes involved. Maybe someone here sells them already and you can point me in the right direction, any help is truely appreciated. I know I may not need that many if I weld directly to the neck but extras are always good just incase. and maybe i'll do it two of them :D
Thanks

round stock, a good die grinder, a drill press with a big chuck, and a good set of files!

I built my bike before getting a lathe and made the slugs with a grinder and file. Of course, the whole time I was thinking, "Man, I wish I had a lathe." But then... Wish in one hand and put a file in the other and see which gets the bike built faster. :laugh:

Back