Who here has a "different " pet?

Nature has some unique designs. This is not my doorbell!
11825049_1095607213800450_5540399326245430344_n.jpg

Story time and sort of pet related.

The navy in its infinite wisdom decided that i should be a recruiter. WHAT?!? Me be a recruiter? Did they not understand how much I was needed doing real Navy stuff? No matter, I will be the best recruiter the Navy has ever had says I to myself.

The next thing I know I am in Omaha, Nebraska; about as far away from an ocean as I could be. But, on the bright side, Offutt Air Force Base is located there, and I may be able to move the family on base and save some money.

Aw yes, this is about pets right? Me and the wife go to base housing to do the necessary paperwork. They have a house for us right away which is uncanny. The lady we are working with is a stereotyped, stiff old hag with an air of I am better than you people hanging about.

As she goes over the rules for the USAF Base housing, (keep in mind I am a sailor and thus she must speak in smaller words I guess), she belabors each and every clause ad nauseum. She finally comes to the pet clauses and goes over the number of dogs and cats and the combinations of each that are allowed; 2 dogs max, 3 cats max, two cats and one dog max...

I was painfully polite up to this point and my inner sailor came out. I asked about birds, what was the max allowed. She said they have no limit on birds. I said great, we have 5 Ostriches. She slapped her pin on the desk and made the most horrendous face ever. She pulled the application back to her lap in disgust at us and said NO!

She NO loud enough, another lady walking by was startled and stuck her head in the room to see what was happening. I quickly stated I was joking and thought for a minute that we were going to be denied by this USAF civilian. She finished the application and gave us our keys. As we were leaving, the wife quietly says (loud enough for the hag to hear) it's a good thing you didn't mention the Emu...

Story time and sort of pet related.

The navy in its infinite wisdom decided that i should be a recruiter. WHAT?!? Me be a recruiter? Did they not understand how much I was needed doing real Navy stuff? No matter, I will be the best recruiter the Navy has ever had says I to myself.

The next thing I know I am in Omaha, Nebraska; about as far away from an ocean as I could be. But, on the bright side, Offutt Air Force Base is located there, and I may be able to move the family on base and save some money.

Aw yes, this is about pets right? Me and the wife go to base housing to do the necessary paperwork. They have a house for us right away which is uncanny. The lady we are working with is a stereotyped, stiff old hag with an air of I am better than you people hanging about.

As she goes over the rules for the USAF Base housing, (keep in mind I am a sailor and thus she must speak in smaller words I guess), she belabors each and every clause ad nauseum. She finally comes to the pet clauses and goes over the number of dogs and cats and the combinations of each that are allowed; 2 dogs max, 3 cats max, two cats and one dog max...

I was painfully polite up to this point and my inner sailor came out. I asked about birds, what was the max allowed. She said they have no limit on birds. I said great, we have 5 Ostriches. She slapped her pin on the desk and made the most horrendous face ever. She pulled the application back to her lap in disgust at us and said NO!

She NO loud enough, another lady walking by was startled and stuck her head in the room to see what was happening. I quickly stated I was joking and thought for a minute that we were going to be denied by this USAF civilian. She finished the application and gave us our keys. As we were leaving, the wife quietly says (loud enough for the hag to hear) it's a good thing you didn't mention the Emu...

Great story Boog.
Civilians doing jobs in the Forces often lack humility and or humour.
At least you survived and are a better man. :hump:

One night in Austin, TX I was walking to the store and I saw something the size of a good-sized dog walking across the street in front of me, and it went down into the sewer cutout in the curb on the other side. No idea what the s.o.b. was. It was walking with an arched back the way a scared cat walks

Back