Who Rode Today?

Not today but I did spend much of the day welding and grinding on a trailer hitch that will let my tow my fishing canoe behind my XS. If I keep working at it I'm going to get really good at grinding...

80 here today. Couldn't get myself to go home!!! All day fun. The rest of the week is supposed to be the same... Too bad fuel is $4.29/gal. ehh, fug it.

Mid 60s in mid Michigan yesterday. So I pulled the cover off my bobber, put some gas in and after a few kicks I was off on a nice short ride.

Posted via Mobile

Not today but I did spend much of the day welding and grinding on a trailer hitch that will let my tow my fishing canoe behind my XS. If I keep working at it I'm going to get really good at grinding...

im great at grinding n sanding 8 hrs a day 6 days a week :wtf: :mad: Its one of the worst jobs i ever had. but iv been ridin to work in good weather :) n ridin home is great :D

I pulled the FZ1 out of its stall this afternoon. Ran it a while and went down the drive way and back one time. It won't be long now, but there's always so many projects calling me away from having fun. I'm still a long way from building a fire in the XS due to all the other stuff waiting to be fixed. I'll get to it as soon as I can.

-R

Hi 60's just under a 100 miles on my re-ring job no smoke, no leaks, pulls like a high speed train on a down hill run, re-tapped and heli-coiled the restrictor fitting (front down tube) while I had it down, the bottom of my engine is still clean! didn't use any oil that I can see, starting to like this..... I think... maybe...

70's today outside in shirt sleeves weather, how great is THAT? Had the 1200 Bandit out for a few miles, probably will be sold tomorrow, good thing, 100 comes up WAY too fast ( and often :D). Gawd I have no control at all over my right wrist. Fired up the wife's 750 shadow took it up and down the hill, cleaned and polished on it for a hour or so. Now she can ride it to work tomorrow. Had my Aero to town and back a few times now. Waking up the heritage Special is next, I have a 79 Special nearly ready for it's first fire off in a looong time it's just for parts though, no title, shame because it hasn't turned 10K miles yet. Sold my pick up today Road trip next week (van... :mad:)

Not today, but I did fire up my '80 last Tuesday. It was in the mid 60s here in southern Minnesota. After the ride, I promptly removed the failed stator from last fall, and shipped it off to Custom Rewind. Now I'm just waiting for the replacement, and some goodies from MikesXS, before I officially start my riding season. The weather lately has been so warm, I wasn't yet prepared to be riding yet. Here's the bike after the ride last week.

Attachments

• IMG_0357.jpg
    IMG_0357.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 180
Rode ALL DAY.. I'm exhausted, but therapy is complete for the day:) Today really put a smile on my face being an XS owner.

I spent 2.5 hours at the doctor's office today and got some not so great news, but that's alright with me because I had one of "those moments" on the ride home. You know, that great feeling you get when you turn off a 15mph residential street onto a completely clear 45mph road and really give the bike the spurs. Priceless.

I spent 2.5 hours at the doctor's office today and got some not so great news, but that's alright with me because I had one of "those moments" on the ride home. You know, that great feeling you get when you turn off a 15mph residential street onto a completely clear 45mph road and really give the bike the spurs. Priceless.

Here's to many more priceless moments. Good luck.

Amen buddy.

I hope your goin to be OK Bro. I have one of those setups here when I leave my hood :laugh: but its 30 mph road to the 45 mph road no houses eather side of the 4 lane road so I get to crack the whip for 2 miles. I just luv it. :thumbsup::thumbsup:,Ed

I got to ride yesterday...March 18th here in sunny saskatchewan....lol good thing it was yesterday as today we are in the middle of a blizzard, dumped about 2 inches of fresh wet snow!!!! and more to come yet!!

Who else rode today>

Me! Me! In the pre-dawn hrs, from downtown to the remote outpost. Was expecting thunderstorms and hail and maybe even flash flood. Very disappointed they didn't come, and had to settle for boring weather.

Just finished a 15 mile loop. Bit chillier than I suspected, and I've still got issues with the front tire bead not being mounted concentrically. Dropped the pressure to 15 pounds and rode another careful 2 miles, no change. Guess I'm going to have to dismount and remount it, or at least completely deflate it and break the bead.

Runs well, but not perfectly.

Right cylinder popping on deceleration, not badly but enough to indicate there's some tweaking required.

Carb synch is close from dead cylinder method, but not right on, so I guess I'll build that manometer.

Also gonna fork over the cash for a timing light so I can set the timing a little more precisely.

I'm having about as much fun doing the tweaking and fine tuning as riding...

Back