Who Rode Today?

best friend as in XS650 ? :wink2::D

I hope you've got space for the GoPro ? would really love to see some footage of an XS650 ride some day. Safe trip:thumbsup:

I wish my baby was done.
My best Friend got himself a a a HD. He loves it and allways wanted one so Im happy fer him.
There is plenty of space for the first ride.
which will be posted. \the trip was a good one just got home.
Made a loop around SW Florida Road for 5 hours didn't quite make 200 but close.
Got me some fresh tomatoes and made me a samich with home bread.damn that was good. time to chill later:D

I took the 75 out for a ride. Weather was clear, roads dry, mid 30's, why not. Was out for around 25 miles. The local LE informed me that my inspec tion sticker was outdated. He let me go with a warning, thought I was crazy to b e out this early in the year.
Leo

Enjoying some unseasonably dry roads on southern Vancouver island this week. Rolled the '79 out to tune it up and enjoy my brand new Dunlop's and the new shocks I ordered from Mike's. 2 years in a row... Outta the shed and right onto the road. Most reliable machine I ever put together.

I want to say a very sincere thankyou to all who helped me way back on 650rider: RG, 5twins, XsJohn ( sir, you will live on forever in the spirit of the bikes you helped build), and of course, everyone who contributed to the incredible wealth of technical info archived.

You coached me through a rebuild in spring 2009, I did everything with handtools, honed my cylinders with sandpaper, hand cut most of my gaskets and i am proud to say it is still running perfectly, getting better every year.

I've ridden over 400 km in the last 3 days going nowhere... Just do not want to stop ridin .... Maybe another rip around later today?

If there's anybody out this way that's got their bike out, let's go ride around and stir up some trouble

Enjoying some unseasonably dry roads on southern Vancouver island this week. Rolled the '79 out to tune it up and enjoy my brand new Dunlop's and the new shocks I ordered from Mike's. 2 years in a row... Outta the shed and right onto the road. Most reliable machine I ever put together.

I want to say a very sincere thankyou to all who helped me way back on 650rider: RG, 5twins, XsJohn ( sir, you will live on forever in the spirit of the bikes you helped build), and of course, everyone who contributed to the incredible wealth of technical info archived.

You coached me through a rebuild in spring 2009, I did everything with handtools, honed my cylinders with sandpaper, hand cut most of my gaskets and i am proud to say it is still running perfectly, getting better every year.

I've ridden over 400 km in the last 3 days going nowhere... Just do not want to stop ridin .... Maybe another rip around later today?

If there's anybody out this way that's got their bike out, let's go ride around and stir up some trouble

Where are ya on the island?

Took my Nighthawk for its maiden voyage of the year, ended up running out of gas on my way home and had to push it the last half mile uphill to my house. Doh!

62 miles today in a two county loop on the '77......getting her dialed in right.

hilljacks.jpg

My xs650 bud Willie and me. Had an old (older) guy stop us at the gas station and he was commenting on us having the 'real deal' bikes. We patiently let him reminisce.....was cool, the pearls of parade.

Last edited:
I had two bikes out today, one to get inspected, The lady who does the inspections said I was the first this year. The other just for fun, it had a good inspection sticker.
Leo

finally have a narrow path of grass from the shed to the road so i got my daily rider up and running and ready for summer. felt good to ride even though it was just up and down my street. still way too much sand and salt on the road. of course they are calling for snow on monday...

I did 30 minutes on a local loop today. Nothing much to report but it feels good to say I rode:bike:

Had the bike out today. I put on a new commando exhaust system on the bike wanted to hear how it sounded. They sound great. I like them a lot better than the short cones I took off. The short cones sounded good if you like loud pipes. I have outgrown the need to be loud it took awhile. I have another half tank of last summers gas to run out. I need to replace the vacuum petcock and the turn signal flasher. I will do that tomorrow. :D

Yesterday (April 8th) was PERFECT. Flirting with 60º, bright sunshine, just a touch of breeze.

Did I ride? Nooooooooo, I spend the day power brooming road sand out of the yard and fixing fence.

I am SUCH an idiot...now I'm looking at 5 straight days of chilly and showery.

Crap...

Yup good day yesterday, spent most of it wrenching, cleaning, painting on wife's new ride, 82HS rehab project, at her request dropped it an inch front and back. Test rode, put gas in it. Ground the crap out of the center stand handle first time I went hard left LOL.
She rode it, said put it back up. :shrug:

I got the the 79 out, it fired right up, I went and filled THAT one with gas, put on about 15 miles. Nothing jumped out as needing done, so it's ready for the road. Still a lot of sand out there, but the rain and cold rest of the week should fix that, it's not like i'm out of projects. Her 750 shadow is on the lift now, I'll put on the new chain and sprockets and it's off to Craigslist. Still have a solid day's work to go on that 82. Then I need to decide what goes on the lift next.

Ran the old gas out yesterday. The weather was low 70. I put a couple of new led tail light bulbs in last night and the turn signal flasher started working again. Good weather again today out for another ride. :D

I to rode yesterday and will be riding again shortly it's 80*F here in WV and time to burn up some old gas......
maybe some pics of this evenings ride......

Here it is April 21st, and I STILL froze my butt riding today. Did manage a 20 mile loop and a little carby tweaking, but I believe I'll wimp out and wait for temperatures starting with a "6" before I do much riding...

Looking warmer outside than it really is, but I suited up for 75 miles this weekend... Think I might start waiting for those 60's with Downeaster!

Back