Wiring diagrams...advice

Stoop22kid

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I know there's tons and tons of diagrams on here and trust me I've looked through them but I just have a few questions that I want to make sure I get right before I start. I've got way too much time and money in this project for a simple wiring flaw to ruin anything. I'm going to end up needing 3 diagrams all of which are very simple...

1. 277 rephase, hughs PMA, Pamco ignition, headlight, tail light, rear brake light only, electric start, and battery.

2. Same as above but out of the frame....nothing should change should it? Just wire everything the same and put the carbs on and rig up a gas line?

3. 277 rephase, hughs PMA, Pamco ignition, headlight, tail light, rear brake light only, kick only, capacitor. (For later down the road once all the kinks are worked out...don't want to spend all day kicking while my timing is off and carbs aren't tuned.)

Any other info needed just ask.

Thanks
Justin

Well the PAMCO and PMA are straight forward to wire up. PMA just goes to battery and Pamco after installing it you have a couple wires to hook up?????
I have built and sold a lot of harnesses that were custom to the bike. Here are the questions you need to ask first because its the difference of spending many hours on wiring and just spending a few.
WHAT switches am I going to use
WHAT lights and am I running turn signals
WHAT do I want all the wires to end up at
Wiring up LIGHTS HORN BRAKE SWITCH FUSE BLOCK are easy I even offer a kit for $60.00 that gets you all that BUT BUT!!! lets say you are running stock handle bar switches NOW you got to figure out what each wire does and how to attach it into harness and where are the plugs ending up... LIGHT BUCKET UNDER TANK?????
Where am I mounting fuse block? Is this going to be LED LIGHTS?
This may sound scary but its not its just time and a lot of testing.
For me to do a complete custom harness with lights turn signals electronics gauges electric start and make it look nice is about 6 hours of my time . That's why I don't sell them anymore and I only sell the kits.
If I was you get some colored pens and stay with these colors for what you are doing and draw it out and then try and build it.
RED 12 VOLTS
BLACK GROUND
BLUE HIGH BEAM
GREEN LOW BEAM
WHITE RUNNING LIGHT
YELLOW BRAKE LIGHT
With just this you can get your LIGHTS FRONT AND BACK HORN BRAKE SWITCH AND COIL AND IGNITION
Its a START Here is what I just said as the kit I sell
YOU CAN DO IT just take your time and test as you go along
Rich

Well I didn't even think of all that haha. I might try your drawing idea and get back to you. Thanks!

Lets see if I can load this picture and your not the first to start and not think. I had a complete harness done for a guy then he hits me with oh by the way I am running a electronic TACK and SPEEDO . Had to start over HAHA

Attachments

• IMG_1388.JPG
    IMG_1388.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 84
Not a problem I am here to help and have built over 100 harnesses for all kinds of bikes in the last 40 yrs . I just don't have the time to build complete custom harnesses anymore. So I am glad to see someone tackle it on there own.:thumbsup:

One wiring diagram will work for all the things you want to do.
For out of the bike wire up just the ignition.
Once in the bike start with the charging system. Once you get that wired add the ignition. After that you can add whatever you want, just add a fuse and run wire.
Leo

Here's what I've gotten so far tonight but still a few questions...I found a wiring diagram for a 277 PMA Pamco kick only and made a few adjustments to it....would it work is the question. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454977660.890774.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1454977677.640939.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1454977694.625099.jpg

Back