wiring nightmare- stepped in it big time

78whiteorbs

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK first me say this was not one of my brightest moments, I was working around strong solvents all day when this happened and I think it cooked my noodle a bit .

Anyhow , I set out to simply install a new headlight bucket on my bike with a much nicer one and now I have realized that there are to many wires that dont just match up like a stocker. This bike I should mention belonged to Pamco Pete and there were some relays in the bucket that made the blinkers function as running lights and blinkers. This bike has his pamco ignition and I am just trying to get it back running again .
In frustration at not being able to get the combination right I had the bright idea to remove all the extras in the bucket so as to start from scratch - AHHHh somebody HELP!lol

this sux now I gotta ride an rd200 that is running on like 1 and a half cylinders(I got another thread for that one too,lol) to work which is like a step up from a moped topping out around 55 and going up hills-jeez.....

S.O.S. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You probably ought to talk to Pete about it.

If it belonged to him previously, I'd bet the bike's electrical system is on a plane of perfection few of us will ever achieve...I'm actually a little envious.:)

Last edited:
I shot him an email just thought I'd post here as well out of desperation. It was his personal ride from 96' untill not so long ago as I am told. It was rode hard but was well kept mechanically , been working on breathing some life back into the cosmetic end hence the new bucket .

Back